[3.0] Double Dip Retchtaxic Scion - 4mil+ Guardian DPS w/ NO CHARGES - Reflect Friendly - All Mods

This build takes advantage of scaling Retch's Chaos damage with damage taken multipliers to double up on things such as Shock, Wither, and -% Chaos Res as more multipliers. The common theme with all of these multipliers are that they are damage taken multipliers on the enemy side. This is one of the rare ways to scale reflected damage.

A basic Barrage setup with Dying Sun & +2 Helmet is not the only way to do this, but we're already abusing mechanics, nothing wrong with throwing barrage into the mix as Voltaxic is the most chaos friendly source of damage in the game save for Dark Pact. You can use ANY SKILL, even spells if you adjust the tree!

Mechanical Requirements

스포일러

Understanding the % damage taken multi + double dip interaction with The Retch requires knowledge of the belt mechanics itself. There's a few resources for it, I'm not here to explain them as there are a lot of supplementary sources to do so. The Endless Retch build is a good starting point for basic understanding of belt and various videos branch out from there. We focus on a few requirements:

1. Slayer or Scion-Slayer enables overleech with The Retch
2. Damage must be Chaos based to take advantage of instant leech from Vinktars as well as Chaos damage taken more multis. Lightning damage would not use Hungry Abyss and focus on Shock
3. Vaal Pact or other instant leech sources will break leech cap and allow instant reflect damage from The Retch
4. Damage modifiers must be in the form of % damage taken or -% res to dip into both the initial chaos hit and The Retch damage

Pros & Cons
스포일러

+ Near reflect immunity
+ Boss Killing damage
+ High sources of passive leech from Hungry Abyss
+ Doesn't rely on charges
+ Corrupted gear is cheap!
+ Corrupted +1 quivers are cheap
+ 200% Life on bow builds
+ Flexible in skill and chest piece
- Corrupted gear is dangerous to craft and low resale value
- Wither Ramps Damage
- Ele and Bow gear overlaps with current meta gear
- Not budget friendly (Retch, accuracy, potentially Acuities, corrupting gear)
- Scion is slow to start with levels/damage wise
- Retch range is not impressive, requires to be somewhat melee

Core Build Items

Voltaxic is the most convenient way to get a high Chaos damage base hit skill. There are other ways of course, including but not limited to: Phys + Unholy Might/Promise, Ele Damage + Shade of Solaris/Incandescent Heart, High Flat Chaos/Added Chaos Gem + 2.0 or higher aps weapons, and of course Dark Pact. Many possible directions are available as long as the Mechanical Requirements are met.

Converting your leech to Chaos will allow you to use Chaos as a base damage, creating the synergy between Chaos more multis and Chaos Retch damage. Wither and Scion Occultist all play into the synergy between dual Chaos damage sources.

Grants the bulk of our leech and approximately 10% more damage without any flask effect. Without a legacy Flask, simply get another source of instant Leech. Acuities (Assassin recommended over Occultist if so), Bloodseeker or VP.

Current Gear
스포일러

Gear Variants
스포일러
WIP

Gem Links

스포일러

Main Skills

Clear

Single

Remember the entirety of your base damage is Lightning, you can just use whatever you want as a clear skill, with Barrage or Shrapnel (+Threshold Jewels) as your recommended single target skills. Remember that your leech is instant and the less gaps between your damage the better - not to mention the strength of barrage itself.

General Single Target Damage Links

Adjust as necessary. POB gives damage links in order, do not blindly follow these - for example, Shrapnel Shot will use Concentrated Effect Support. With Acuities, Increased Critical Strikes Support is required and Damage on Full Life Support is a strong link because of the the dual sustained+instant leech.

General Clear Skills Set-ups
It's a general Lightning Elemental Attack bow build when not using The Retch interaction. You can use any particular skills to clear with the appropriate links. I swapped to a Rigwald's Quills to clear, some example links below:

Rigwald Quills + Tornado Shot - GMP - Chain - Added Lightning - EDWA - Efocus
---->Stronger for Breaches and Open maps (Coves, Ashen Woods, Shore, Spider Forest)
Rigwald Quills + Tornado Shot - GMP - Chain - Added Cold - Ice Bite - EDWA
---->For use with Herald of Ice - Onslaught - Curse on hit - Curse
Drillneck + Lightning Shot - GMP - Pierce - Added Lightning - EDWA - Efocus
---->Stronger for Breachlord maps and narrow/directional maps (Gorge, Vault, Plateau, Abyss)

Auras

Mandatory

Supplementary

Projectile Weakness is the highest damage Curse in the game linked with Enhance and you can use it with Blasphemy over Curse on Hit for consistent -% Chaos Res via Occultist Ascendant option. Using a Curse on hit setup with PW will free up aura reserve for Herald of Thunder for approximately 11% total dps.

For use with Ice Bite / Added Cold, free Onslaught
If Windripper can split majority Lightning/Cold damage and still clear t16's, we can too. Remember all of our tree nodes are actually general Elemental, no preference on penetration means extreme flexibility. The only issue here is we lose reflect immunity and very light Chaos scaling while clearing. Recommended as a second six link instead because the colors are tough to match if swapping.

Supplementary Gem Setups
CWDT - Immortal Call (- Blood Rage - Increased Duration/Enhance)
----> Procs Soul of Arakaali for 1.5x leech multiplier, can add Blood Rage directly but low QoL for mapping, if you level it up you can manually cast it. Suggest Soul of Ralakesh in non-reflect maps to mitigate BR DoT.
Wither - Spell Totem - Increased Duration - Faster Casting
----> Basic Wither set up
Blink Arrow - Faster Projectiles - Culling Strikes - Ice Golem
----> Typical Movement setup

General Damage Calculations

스포일러
100% Lightning pre-conversion
Multipliers on Base Damage
60% of damage is converted to Chaos (via Voltaxic)
Enemy mitigation checked (3.04x Chaos taken/-% Chaos res/Vinktar Shock)
20% of Chaos damage is leeched (Vinktars + Hungry Abyss)
1.5x leech through Soul of Arakaali
200% of leech is applied as reflected damage
Enemy mitigation checked (3.04x Chaos taken/-% Chaos res/Vinktar Shock)

FAQ

스포일러

Why Scion?
I chose to use Scion because it provides %- Chaos Res from Occultist, outdoing most other sources of damage including Assassin base crit and Raider's charge generation after taking into consideration The Retch damage. The 40 int helps a ton as well for QoL on the ~153 int requirement Wrath. The build scales fairly well on tree passives (approximately 2.7-3.3% damage per node across most sources of chaos%, aspd, and crit) so I found the extra passives a major boon.

It's Barrage doing all the damage, isn't it? (Alternatively: lol another barrage build?)
Barrage is simply the best damage option currently, there is no arguing this. The current video I have uploaded is a 30% life minotaur. Here is my logic in terms of addressing this:

- Minotaur has 12.4m life
- 12.4kk * 1.3 = 16.1m
- TTK for Mino was 6 seconds
- Wither ramps first 50% of Minotaur life (8.05m) is 4 seconds, second half of Minotaur's life is 2 seconds
- 8.05m/2 = 4m dps at near max to max Wither stacks in recording at level 80 no charges

How Much Damage are you doing, actually?
Trash Mob
- 3.7m white mob damage (no charges) post total multipliers
- 760k leech * 1.5x soul of arakaali -> 1.1m leech * 3.04x damage taken multi -> 3.34m
- 3.7m + 3.34 = 7.04m damage total on trash mobs

Is 20 stack wither realistic on trash mobs? No.
Are you going to be utilizing Retch with trash mobs? No.
Will you still be destroying packs with proper gem set ups without either of things these? Yes.

Guardian
- 2.2m shaper/guardian damage (no charges) post total multipliers
- 490k leech * 1.5x soul of arakaali -> 735k leech * 3.04x damage taken multi -> 2.234m
- 2.2m + 2.234m = 4.43m shaper/guardian damage total on shaper/guardian

How do you deal with Reflect?
60% of your damage is Chaos, 25% of the remaining elemental damage is mitigated by Yuguls. You have 18% of your remaining 30% Lightning Damage reflected or 5.4% reflected Lightning damage. 75% res reduces this to 1.35% of your damage being reflected. You are essentially reflect immune. If you feel you aren't somehow, get some more leech or max lightning res (Topaz Flask, Purity of Lightning).

Mana Sustain?
+2 on hit Jewels, or use Hungry Abyss and simply get any Mana Leech anywhere - crafted on gloves, ammy, jewel, anywhere. Ultimately convenient is just grabbing the first point of the Essence Sap cluster.

How do you keep up non-legacy Vinktars?
You don't need it up for trash, you don't even rely on it. Hungry Abyss actually creates a ton of sustainability, all leech sources become chaos leech - that includes jewelry, Blood Rage, Flask Affixes, Quiver, and Jewels! Remember the most difficult issue for WED builds is leech and either Soul Raker + Lioneye's or Duelist node provides enough around 2% total leech for sustaining. You can get much more from gear and even better, this directly translates to more damage because of The Retch.

Does this build work without The Retch?
You can switch out The Retch while mapping, without The Retch for bosses it's just a reflect friendly Bow build.

POB, Accounts, Video, Notes

스포일러
POB
https://pastebin.com/DbqGPN8f
Level 90, Full Flasks, No Charges, Barrage, +1 unlinked bow, Weapon Swap for Clear

Current Gear and Account Link
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/vtxAishi/characters/character=ChampionOfTheRavenQueen

30% Life Minotaur Kill @ Level 80
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unz9bjiLjTI

Author's Note
I haven't yet completed the build itself, as my plan was level 90 but I took all the damage nodes save for Berserking at 2.7% per node for 3 nodes and the final 10 levels are just life nodes. In this scenario I did not use Soul of Arakaali because coloring corrupted items is a bitch so I'll probably have something else up soon once I hit 90.

vtxAishi 님이 2017. 11. 5. 오후 3:52:53에 마지막으로 편집
마지막 추천 2017. 12. 7. 오후 1:16:14
Reserved
All comments and criticism welcome, both on the build itself and thread formatting. No PMs - I'll be in thread.

Thank you.
Interesting build!

Look forward to seeing more videos of it!
Nice build. It reminds me of pre 3.0 voltaxic build :)

Btw I have a question.
To gain 50% increased recavery of life, we have to stop takeing damage over time.
How do you meet this? in your video, you just used Blood Rage in fight.
Is it ok for just using Blood Rage to get Soul of Arakaali up?

(I'm not English speaker, sorry for my suck English)
"
Lidley 님이 작성:
Nice build. It reminds me of pre 3.0 voltaxic build :)

Btw I have a question.
To gain 50% increased recavery of life, we have to stop takeing damage over time.
How do you meet this? in your video, you just used Blood Rage in fight.
Is it ok for just using Blood Rage to get Soul of Arakaali up?

(I'm not English speaker, sorry for my suck English)

Was wondering the same since you use both. Soul prob doesn't work.

Saying you have 4mil dps when you have to ramp wither stacks is pretty lame. If you consider the whole fight on mino your below 3mil.

Using a video to test dps is pretty ghetto(I've used b4 aswell for other games) but your crit chance only being 41% makes your dps very unstable.

Saying 4mil without charges is a moot point when you use wither and that takes more time to ramp than any charge generation. Not to mention you have zero ways to gen charges on bosses.
LocK
Blood Rage counts as a DoT. Immortal Call procs will still Blood Rage and trigger SoA so long as you have no other DoTs on you (Bleed, Ignite). Flasks cover it.

You can take it at chargeless 4mil boss dps with at level 80 or 7-8mil at level 100, or add pcoc - oos, level 4 empower/enlight on wrath/hot and call it 10mil boss dps that isn't bullshit builds material. It's not hard to build up from this core tree, about as easy as watching wither stack. Do with it whatever you want this is my current gear/character and it's pretty forgiving.

You're right on crit consistency, voltaxic base crit sucks, but between high roll and low roll it's still enough to sustain. 10s boss vs 6s boss with reflect immunity? k.

This was more of a conceptual post, if by any chance Acuities survive then you'd have to run ICS and very likely use Assassin to supplement the crit base on Voltax. If there's no instant leech sources the build is dead, but I have an idea for The Retch even after instant leech sources are done.
vtxAishi 님이 2017. 11. 20. 오후 5:05:56에 마지막으로 편집
"
vtxAishi 님이 작성:
If there's no instant leech sources the build is dead, but I have an idea for The Retch even after instant leech sources are done.

wait why wouldn't slayer leech be enough? isn't the whole point of the retch that slayer keeps on leeching and it won't with VP?
thinking about trying this as second char in abyss, any thoughts?
All builds which were based on The Retch's damage are plain dead in the next patch.

Without istant leech you can't overcome the leech limit so the damage from the belt will ALWAYS be capped to 200% of your maximum life leech per second.

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보