[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

Great build! So far, this is the only build I've killed Atziri with. I've come close to it with the incinerator builds last year but finally got her dead at level 81 with this build. Only 900 intelligence atm so it can only get easier.
I am not sure if this was already raised in this thread, but for 4 skillpoints, why not pick up Whispers of Doom for 1 more curse, and use flammability on top of temp chains?

That should give a hefty damage boost in most circumstances (those 4 points can come out of the jewel node near Ghost Reaver)
Baalor, have you considered using Iron Will over Hypothermia?

The increase in damage is significantly more if you can cope with the loss of chill duration and % to freeze.

Would it be worth it in the long run or are you using Hypothermia for a reason other than I can think of?

Thanks!
"
Dynasteuo 님이 작성:
Baalor, have you considered using Iron Will over Hypothermia?

The increase in damage is significantly more if you can cope with the loss of chill duration and % to freeze.

Would it be worth it in the long run or are you using Hypothermia for a reason other than I can think of?

Thanks!

I have 225 str, so Iron Will would provide roughly 85% increased spell damage. I can't imagine that this is better than the 40% more of hypothermia, though I admit I haven't thoroughly crunched the numbers on that.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
Ashnazg01 님이 작성:
I am not sure if this was already raised in this thread, but for 4 skillpoints, why not pick up Whispers of Doom for 1 more curse, and use flammability on top of temp chains?

That should give a hefty damage boost in most circumstances (those 4 points can come out of the jewel node near Ghost Reaver)

Additional curses are only truly affecting on bosses or that one rare in the map, and in most cases, most of the harder bosses are immune anyway. This is because you should always lead with Icestorm. The moment you lead with a curse, you're shooting yourself in the foot. For trash mobs, they melt so fast it is irrelevant and only extends your clear times. For hard rares, it gives them a chance to get closer to you, potentially forcing you out of position and dropping your dps because of the delay in casting Icestorm, your bread and butter.

On paper it looks really good, but in actual practice, this build is so quick that any time you're not laying down Icestorm, you're losing dps. If it takes 3 casts to kill a hard rare normally, but you apply a curse and now it takes 2 casts, you're still no better off as that's still 3. Plus you wasted 4 nodes to do that, so you're ultimately still in the whole as that's at minimum 40 Int.

"
Baalorlord 님이 작성:

I have 225 str, so Iron Will would provide roughly 85% increased spell damage. I can't imagine that this is better than the 40% more of hypothermia, though I admit I haven't thoroughly crunched the numbers on that.

And the additional 10% chance to freeze? Nope ;)
Deliver pain exquisite
ultratiem 님이 2015. 8. 29. 오후 6:08:15에 마지막으로 편집
"
Thanks for the build Baalor. You inspired me to level up a Scion and give it a try instead of pushing my Witch any further. I adopted the same build I had (2x Perandus, Astramentis, Doryani's cold belt, Vertex, Asenath's, Sin Trek and a rare robe that I straight swapped because I got lucky on having cold resist roll on it).

I'm at 83 now and my Witch was at 88. So far, I've far surpassed both damage and my survivability is on par. I also leveled without having to respec the tree, though I did go for a cold variant with more freeze as I found yours to be very poor on the CC front, but with the power of WI, once you hit 33, I really don't think you need a leveling variant on the tree. Cold may not output the same damage, but for clearing, it means you can run a lot lighter on defense. I also took the node on the second bandits just so I could play with the tree a bit more.

I'm not even needing to use Clarity for mana, my res is capped and only had to use one jewel to do it (won't even need it if I go with rare gloves) and didn't even need to take Faith and Steel. My Int is 1600+ and I've still got a fair bit of nodes I can nab.

I don't think I'm going to take US and rely more on Practical Application instead. I may take Heart of Oak as I've pressed down into that area to nab all the Dex to convert to Int. US seems just too costly and I think I can play around the stun locks (or try to till they infuriate me enough to not be so stubborn).

Honestly, I think Scion is in a way better spot to run WI. I had a super hard time with my Witch capping res without losing dps. Every jewel needed 10 all res and in some cases more. I even needed cold res on my armor. But with Scion, I rolled it off for more ES :) I would encourage anyone running a Witch to switch. Even my mana regen is in a way better place with far less effort and nodes.

I was lucky to get my WI staff before they ballooned in price. Nabbed it for 5 ex, now I see most are ~12 for a good one. Yikes!

I'll link my tree in case you are interested in the variant I put together. What I would like to do is get rid of Asenath's for a rare. I'd like to self cast Frostbite instead of TC, which would give me about 43% chance of freezing, more than enough to lock down anything that isn't immune. The rest I can kite. I could also boost my defenses and my dps would get a huge bump as well. Lots of possibilities with this build, so excited to keep playing.

Tree

Edit: Been experimenting with Doedre's Tenure (got a gg for 1c) and since I run faster casting, I don't even notice the 20% casting speed drop. The damage is insane. 50% to spell damage and I can now cast any curse I want. Been playing with Poacher's Mark to get that speed loss back (and it gives me n additional 12% boost to damage with the frenzy charges) but I'm still thinking Frostbite is the way to go.

How have your Uber Atziri runs gone so far?
2 for 2 on Atziri runs which is good for me. One was at level 81 and one at level 82. I'm using the initial skill tree you posted still because I just don't have the money for the int gear and need the energy shield. Hopefully I'll be able to transition in a few levels but it's a great build so far!
@ Tiem,

Not really sure what you're talking about that Scion start is better for you. You're talking as if it revolutionized your build or something. You haven't done anything on your tree that you can't also do just as efficiently as a witch. The only advantage to a Scion start is if you're planning on taking Unwavering Stance. Since you didn't, all you did was spend 5 points to get the 24% resists. No other advantages at all.

Those 5 points can easily be spent elsewhere on the tree to make up for those lost resists, either by adding 2 more jewel slots with those extra skill points, or by taking some mana reduction nodes and adding Purity of Elements.

You also didn't take Chaos Inoculation so I guess that means you're using Shavs which is totally fine because it allows you to use a couple more aura's on life. But what other aura's are you running that you can't run a couple extra resist aura's on life?

I really don't get it. Scion start is for unwavering stance only. If you're not taking that, witch start is exactly the same.....

Also, why would you take "Leadership" instead of "Influence"
VixTrader 님이 2015. 9. 1. 오전 2:49:13에 마지막으로 편집
"
JustBeingZack 님이 작성:

How have your Uber Atziri runs gone so far?

I haven't done Atziri period yet. Been trying to stack up more levels. I'm only at 88 now and I've dumped loads into Int, so now it's amassing more ES. I'm at 1812 now but I think I can get 1900 and still roll with about 10k ES. Sitting at 7.7k currently and have not taken any ES nodes really.

My revised tree is as follows: link

And I'm running Doedre's Tenure now full time. I still have some gems to boost but I'm at 4k dps now with the farming configuration and 6.2k with my boss configuration. I haven't taken Avatar of Fire yet because I think this build runs better with the freeze. I played pure fire and everything was on you like a cheap suit. I just didn't like it.

On a side note, I didn't know this, but jewels like Fertile Mind and Brute Force stack. So if their radius overlaps a Dex node, you get 20 Dex, not 10. With it, I'm able to get another 40 Int for basically free.

I may look into taking Exceptional Performance for the duration boost, just have to figure out if it'll be worth it. But I definitely want to drive this build to 100. It's a blast.

EDIT:

So a few ppl msg'ed me wanting to look at my gear. Figured I'd post it for everyone:

Gear:
스포일러

It didn't actually cost me that much.

5ex for WI (got it before they shot up)
4ex for the pair of Perandus (I highly recommend you nab the legacy ones pre-2.0, they are everywhere)
1ex for the Vertex
1c for the Sin Trek's
1c for Doedre's
15 for Doryani's
I actually found Astramentis but they go for around 8ex for a good one

I'm also running 4x Fertile Minds (all down by the start to double dip as much of Dex nodes as possible) and 1x Brute Force Solution. I wish my chest was a bit better, losing about 100% to ES there and another 10ish Int, but can't win them all. At least all the stats are good.

With the above gear, you just need to run Purity of Elements and supplement cold resist on your chest and then two rolls for all resist (or one all resist, the other lightning) on your jewels. You could take Faith and Steel but I don't feel it's worth losing 2 nodes over. Also, I don't feel Unwavering Stance is worth the Int loss. You can live just fine with Practical Application and if that's not enough, nab Heart of Oak (or play good). I'd much rather take the Dex on the right side of Sentinel as you can double dip 2 nodes and get another 20 Int free.

Deliver pain exquisite
ultratiem 님이 2015. 9. 1. 오후 3:01:43에 마지막으로 편집
what jewels are you using besides the 4x fertile mind?

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보