[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

Flame totems / Incinerate are the best, at least for me. I wouldn't recommend that build for next 1 month league, it's not so cheap, and bit slow compared to any other builds.
How about "Acuity" gloves for this? +60-80 int and save u the vaal pact points
"
mayanrm 님이 작성:
How about "Acuity" gloves for this? +60-80 int and save u the vaal pact points

OP's build isn't crit.

A rare glove can give 335 ES, 48 to a resist and 69 int. That's got to take some beating :D.
Casually casual.

TheAnuhart 님이 2015. 11. 1. 오후 2:12:17에 마지막으로 편집
i managed to get this

IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Rathik2 님이 2015. 11. 4. 오전 4:47:21에 마지막으로 편집
The 2 points you saved, look at it this way, it's like ignoring a 40 int node for 2 points.

As for what you did with them, the re-routing through life+ES with the use of another int node for the 3 points:--

The strength and dex node are of no use, same with the life. So the only gain is the ES.
You gain 15% ES.

As it happens, you could have not done the re-route to the left of CI and put 2 points instead of 3 into the life+ES from the top, taking the 10% notable along with the 5% to get to it, giving the same 15% ES but also keeping the 10 int (2% ES, but actually ~3% in this build + mana + damage).

You could also have just ignored the life+ES nodes and put those 2 points directly into 16% ES in witch start :D.

But any way, let's look at why the first 2 saved points are not saved.

40 int with this build is actually ~60 int (little more, little less, depending on uniques).

60 int = 12% ES.
60 int = 30 mana.
60 int = 6% Spell Damage.
60 int = 6-18 base cold damage to Ice Storm (that's base, it gets modified, converted, increased and multiplied).
60 int = more duration for Ice Storm, not sure what the values are now.

And you actually dropped 50 int, which would be ~75 int for this build, to trade in for 15% ES, that 75 int IS 15% ES in itself, not to mention the other stuff -_-
Casually casual.

TheAnuhart 님이 2015. 11. 4. 오후 2:21:06에 마지막으로 편집

70lvl, 1050int without perandus rings, 8k ES. 1 shotting blue packs on dried late.. That build has huge potential, it's hella fun but also a bit expensive(10ex+) I wanted to try it on darkshrine before 3 month league and I can say it was fun,CI is at good state, but I'm not gonna roll this build on fresh league. Flame/incinerate totem/PA is still superior compared to ice storm on fresh leagues.
patryk1919 님이 2015. 11. 10. 오후 6:49:01에 마지막으로 편집
Earlier Post
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145/page/21#p11951320

"
TheAnuhart 님이 작성:
Hey, guys. o/

I wanted to share my version of the build.

First of all, thanks to Baalorlord for the awesome build which I copied. We all have varying tastes and from awesome builds, tangents sprout.

Here's my tangent...

I wanted regen instead of Vaal Pact, I wanted a longer Immortal call, I wanted self sustaining mana and I wanted more physical mitigation.

I dropped Vaal Pact and the whole of the area between Scion and Shadow.
I picked up Zealot's Oath and instead left the Scion start via the left arm, through Shaper and picked up Potency of Will instead of Exceptional Performance.

The Fertile Mind dex conversion that was dropped from near Vaal Pact was moved to the 4%ele/4%ele/Jewel by and including Agility.

I use Blood Dance boots, I took the Frenzy Charge Bandit and I took Frenetic Frenzy Charge on tree. I've dropped the jewel by Melding for now but will be picking it up again in 2 levels.

With the extra mana gained and with Arctic Armour, Discipline and Herald of Ice linked with lvl 4 Enlighten I can run a lvl 21 Clarity with no Enlighten and have 200 mana unreaserved. Rallying Cry is switched to Enduring Cry to help sustain Endurance Charges, Rallying Cry can be swapped back in for certain map mods.

I moved Frost Wall into the chest CwDT set up alongside Firestorm and added Warlord's Mark. In a 6 link set up, CwDT lvl 1 proccing both lvl 1 Frostwall and lvl 8 Firestorm which in turn both CoH Temp Chains and Warlord's Mark. I took Whispers of Doom in the tree.

Immortal Call was then changed to a 20/20 gem, linked to a lvl 20 CwDT and sharing Increased Duration with Vaal Discipline.

I also run a Flame Golem.

For general mapping I can rely on regen and Warlord's for leech, so I dropped Life Leech gem for Added Cold (A 20/23 HoI just wins out over a 21/20 in this case). For curse immune maps I will use a different Whispering Ice which has Life Leech gem instead of Added Cold.

The basic mechanics of the build are that I use Enduring Cry to get 3 Endurance Charges, my frenzy charges rapidly cap at 5. I'm proccing Firestorm and Frostwall on low damage taken, chilling and Chaining as normal but also cursing with Warlord's Mark. My Immortal Call will not be firing at low damage but not until 3272 damage is taken when it will be up for over 3 seconds and will always have 3 Endurance Charges at its disposal, which will immediately be replaced when consumed, either from Warlord's Mark or from Enduring Cry. In short, I trade in ES for regen and more reliable physical mitigation.

My gear is constantly changing, those who know me know I don't trade but it needs pointed out to explain oddities (for example I'm still waiting on a 3rd Brute Force Solution, vended shit loads and only kept 2, well, they refuse to drop, now). I'm using a rare belt atm for resists and ES. I'm waiting on exalt drops to attempt to finish several glove crafts. Int took a bit of a hit recently, I aim to get that back up to close to 1600.

Defence in HO

Defence in Map

Offence in Map

Gear at time of post

Tree at time of Post

Fun tidbit: I was rotating Whispering Ices, divining the worst of the 4 I had and using the best as and when divines dropped, trying to hit that 12/18 when a 6 socket Whispering Ice dropped. That was funny enough but it ID'd 12/18. It was also 1 colour off what I was using. 3 Chromes later and it's a 6 soc perfect tWI with my colours. If that wasn't freaky enough, this was before I switched to Added Cold instead of Life Leech. The staff actually dropped 6 soc, perfect rolls with the right colours I'm using now.

Dafuq?

Thanks again, Baalorlord and I hope you guys like 'A Dance of Ice and Fire, Whispering Doom'.

\o

Hey, guys. o/

Thought I'd update my 'A Dance of Ice and Fire, Whispering Doom' version at 98 with a few changes.

Managed some +1 FC BDs but after over 100 pairs corrupted I was down to 20% ones when it hit.

Found 2 Legacy rings with better mana regen on a dormant duelist.

Was able to completely drop Clarity (as well as previously dropped Rally) and Empower Discipline and HoI.

Got resists covered to allow Bated Breath (will use Auxium if I ever get a Taste of Hate).

Found another Brute Force Solution.

Corrupted a couple of Astramentis for the small chance of +1 curse to free up 4 points but no success.

Running pretty much exclusively with Fire Pen, Cold to Fire, Faster Casting, Spell Echo, Hypothermia, Added Cold (screens below with that gem set). Swaps are Life Leech, Mana Leech, Rally Cry and a RRBBG staff, certain map mod combinations require 1 or more of these swaps. I never feel the need to Conc Effect.

Defence in HO

Offence in HO

Defence with 6 FC, 3 EC in Map

Defence with 6 FC, 3 EC, Flasks in Map

Offence with 6 FC in Map

Gear at Time of Post

Tree at Time of Post

Crafting projects awaiting exalts

Thank you.

\o

Update
"
Zed_ 님이 작성:
"
TheAnuhart 님이 작성:
Thought I'd update my 'A Dance of Ice and Fire, Whispering Doom' version at 98 with a few changes.

Interesting variant, really shows how everything is better with frenzy charges. :)

I disagree with using Added Cold over Conc Effect. Added Cold does almost nothing at your levels of Int. For 5 points you could pick up the 2 area notables you're right next to and keep your current radius even with Conc Effect. Off the top of my head should be at least 25% more damage at the cost of some ES, depending on what you drop.

Also, have you considered picking up 10% curse effectiveness in the curse wheel for 1 extra point?

I hit 99 and was considering the curse effect for the point as well as a few other options. The one I went with was dropping 8% mana for 0.8% regen 99 tree.

I also slightly changed some jewels, remaining monster curse overcapped, giving a little more ES and dropping my damage ever so slightly.

As for the conc v AC thing: It's something I've debated and shoved in the closet a while back, points are so tight, hell If I had 2 points to play with I'd consider taking the Mara 1.8 regen (with the above point giving 0.8 regen for 8% mana). If I had 5 points I'd be tempted to take the Duelist 1% regen, too (getting 20 (30+) int with it).

I mean, it's tempting, the ave damage atm without either AC or CE is 3,216.7.
With Added Cold 3,794.6, that's 577.9 added, or 18%.
With CE 5,168.3, that's 1,951.6 added, or a whopping 60% from a lvl 19 CE and there would be another 20% increased modifier that comes with the 5 nodes but I'd also be trading int for those 5 nodes. But, 5 nodes TEEEEEAAAAAM wtf!!!!!???

I dunno, I had put the niggling itch behind me as the 5 nodes were pretty much impossible to justify when I first made the build (like 10 levels back) but there's a valid argument that they are now and if I can justify losing the int + ES, but at the same time, do I want more regen for that trade or more damage. And the 99-100 grind isn't one I want to start dropping too much ES in.

What to do, what to do.

Edit, OK gave it a go.
Whatever I did I was gonna drop below the 1600 int threshold (duration) so the most ES efficient way was to drop Alacrity and its jewel soc and drop the 0.8% life regen I gained with my last point, routing through the mana again.

Tree.

6 FC

So average damage is at 5,083.75, up from 3,800.
ES at 11,065, down from 11,407.
Lost 0.8% life regen.
Lost 150 mana.
Skill cost 10% more mana.
Skill duration is 5.44, down from 5.66.

I really felt the loss of mana along with the 10% increase in cost, to run clarity I'd need to drop AA, or HoI or Empower. The alternative is to go back to Rally Cry instead of End Cry. Totally solves all mana issues, waaaay OTT mana regen with Rally but I do miss having ECs on demand rather than only from Warlord's.

On the bright side, the damage is between like 5,300 and 5,700 in normal play depending on the Rally density, going way over 6k if you fully abuse it.

So it boils down to 40%+ more average damage at the cost of 342 ES, 0.22 sec skill duration, 0.8% life regen and on demand ECs, during normal set up mapping when comparing to the set up I had.

That's... kinda worth I guess, but I do miss EC. EC can still go in for curse immune maps.
Casually casual.

TheAnuhart 님이 2015. 11. 27. 오전 8:49:42에 마지막으로 편집
Nice guide. Question though not sure why but CWDT + Curese On Hit + FireStorm + Temp Chains isnt working.

Any idea why?

If i take out CWDT gem and manual cast Firestorm it works. Does the order of the gems matter?

EDIT: NVM got it working. If the Curse is still low enough to be used by CWDT then it fucks it up.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
TheAshmaker 님이 2015. 11. 22. 오후 8:00:25에 마지막으로 편집
"
TheAnuhart 님이 작성:

Interesting variant, really shows how everything is better with frenzy charges. :)

I disagree with using Added Cold over Conc Effect. Added Cold does almost nothing at your levels of Int. For 5 points you could pick up the 2 area notables you're right next to and keep your current radius even with Conc Effect. Off the top of my head should be at least 25% more damage at the cost of some ES, depending on what you drop.

Also, have you considered picking up 10% curse effectiveness in the curse wheel for 1 extra point?

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보