[2.3 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners Contagion/Essence Drain Occultist [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Your Build is in the SCION board but your ascensions and passives are all witch...
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
AkumaNoTsubasa 님이 작성:
Your Build is in the SCION board but your ascensions and passives are all witch...

If you would have bothered to read page 15, that would say the last page before you posted you would have seen that it is the way it should be.

He can't move the post to another subforum hence he updated the thread title with Occultist.

Best regards
I want try, but messages about profane bloom bug stop me:/
"
StoryOff 님이 작성:
I want try, but messages about profane bloom bug stop me:/

Just don't take Profane Bloom :P It is not at all an important part of the build and you can take the remaining minor ES nodes as your 7th and 8th points.
Thank you for posting this as a scion build..... Very helpful...........

EDIT: I'm currently running a templar based on your ball lightning inquisitor build so I have nothing but respect for your work.
kasperhoi 님이 2016. 7. 9. 오후 5:59:50에 마지막으로 편집
At level 87 I thought I'd post my thoughts on this build. Overall, it's really fun to play, melts maps and bosses, so thanks so much for making it LiftingNerdBro! For reference, my character currently has 11K EHP and 25K Essence Drain chaos damage per second. Thoughts:

- I had some survivability problems until I changed the CWDT set up. As soon as I put in CWDT + Immortal Call + Enfeeble, it felt much tankier. Then I went Dual Curse via Whispers of Doom and added Temporal Chains to the CWDT chain. This makes it even tankier and works really well with Contagion + ED because those effects/debuffs expire 40% slower with TC, so it's like a bonus Increased Duration for your Contagion+ED debuffs (with the same DPS). I don't understand the benefit of Flame Golem, as the damage improvement is so minor, like 1% more chaos damage per second. I could be missing something though, the OP is pretty smart :)

- definitely take Pierce instead of Slower Projectiles. The faster projectiles more easily hit a moving target, and the piercing means it more likely hits something with Contagion if something jumps out in front, or you hit a rare/boss first. It feels so much better.

- jewels. I found that even getting a jewel with both chaos damage and damage over time, didn't change the damage that much, maybe 2-4% total. This set up already basically instantly melts packs so I've been tending to go for +% ES, +% Life, Projectile Speed, and Cast/Attack Speed. These to make a bigger difference for me in terms of map clearing speed.

- don't forget gem quality! Good 20%s to go for are Essence Drain (20% increased chaos damage), Wither (20% increased duration), Increased Duration Support (10% increased duration). Also consider Faster Casting, Contagion (radius), Whirling Blades (IAS) and Faster Attacks.

Like others, I had some hesitancy around switching away from dual wand. However, Whirling Blades is an awesome movement skill, and when used as your primary movement skill, you basically have a permanent Fortify AKA 20% reduced damage taken from hits. This is like a bonus super buffed Arctic Armor IMO.

I also didn't get/use Vaal Haste at first because I didn't really understand it and it seemed expensive. Instead I was trying to get lots of increased attack/cast speed through jewels and mods and everything felt slow still. Just use Vaal Haste and you have 30%+ cast+attack speed and you can use your jewels for other things :)

My favorite thing I've been playing with this week is using Vaal Haste + Vaal Discipline + Increased Duration (20%) in a 3L. With this set up, Vaal Haste lasts around 13 seconds, and Vaal Discipline 7 seconds. The VD is super fun because at the push of a button you have an extra 2-3K ES (stacking on top of normal discipline) and it starts regenerating instantly because its stops damage from pausing recharge. Having both means it takes a little longer for both to fully fill up, but I don't use VD except for emergencies, so in general it doesn't affect the rate of Vaal Haste usage. Of course, to handle this many gems, I had to throw normal Discipline and Arctic Armor in Unset Rings, and then swap out the Faster Casting in the Contagion set up with Clarity. Seems worth it for now because it's so fun to have that bonus ES + instant recharge at the push of a button, but we'll see :)

Here's my gear, everything cost between 1 fuse and 2 chaos (seriously), except for the armor.

midtown 님이 2016. 7. 20. 오후 12:32:29에 마지막으로 편집
Thanks for the comprehensive feedback bro. It is much appreciated :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Unless I'm missing something, I found a small optimization to damage nodes.

Refund "Damage Over Time" from the corruption wheel and the 5x "Physical and Chaos Damage" nodes from Shadow starting area

10 + 14 + 12 + 10 + 10 + 10 = 66% increased damage

Instead take "Spell Damage" into "Occultist's dominion" from Witch starting area
16 + 12 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 16 = 74% increased damage

Plus you get some cast speed and intelligence which I assume is more useful than Physical Damage.
ign: Quepha
"
Nykken 님이 작성:
Unless I'm missing something, I found a small optimization to damage nodes.

Refund "Damage Over Time" from the corruption wheel and the 5x "Physical and Chaos Damage" nodes from Shadow starting area

10 + 14 + 12 + 10 + 10 + 10 = 66% increased damage

Instead take "Spell Damage" into "Occultist's dominion" from Witch starting area
16 + 12 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 16 = 74% increased damage

Plus you get some cast speed and intelligence which I assume is more useful than Physical Damage.

Nice find, I took this as well! The only reason I could think of that this wouldn't be a good trade, is that we are trading increased chaos damage and damage over time, for spell damage, but I imagine these work in the exact same way (the tooltip says spell damage applies to damage over time). Is it possible increased chaos damage somehow stacks better than increased spell damage?
Mangra... use or not in build?

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보