[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

"
Brikker 님이 작성:
Path of Building update is out with new tree. I've never played a trapper before but those Ice Trap buffs looked really appealing.

Is this build good for a league starter? Seems like there aren't any required uniques, just very helpful uniques.

Is the increased AOE on Ice Trap going to make it good for both boss and trash? Wondering if an ice trap focused build would be effective.

The new tree is out, yeah, but I don't think the upgraded Skill gems are yet, hence why I was waiting. But then again, I suppose the Ice Trap buff won't change how I skill, so I can create at least the tree.

It sure is! Getting Deerstalker as soon as possible to level up with and do early maps might be a good idea, but other than that, nothing required.

It should make Ice Trap good for both boss and trash, yeah. An Ice Trap focused build might be effective now, indeed, but I cannot say so for sure yet.
"
MrMoho 님이 작성:
The new tree is out, yeah, but I don't think the upgraded Skill gems are yet, hence why I was waiting. But then again, I suppose the Ice Trap buff won't change how I skill, so I can create at least the tree.

It sure is! Getting Deerstalker as soon as possible to level up with and do early maps might be a good idea, but other than that, nothing required.

It should make Ice Trap good for both boss and trash, yeah. An Ice Trap focused build might be effective now, indeed, but I cannot say so for sure yet.

Do you have a rough tree of an Ice Trap focused build? I suspect it will be similar to your current tree. I want to try building my own build this game but I'm not too good at it.
"
LaysOriginal 님이 작성:
Do you have a rough tree of an Ice Trap focused build? I suspect it will be similar to your current tree. I want to try building my own build this game but I'm not too good at it.

Don't have anything like that flying around, no. Never really considered focusing on only using Ice Trap. I also can't say if I would roughly skill the same. Might ignore the whole bit over at the Templar, since Elemental Equilibrium isn't required. Can't say if I can shake something out of my sleeve just like that, especially since buff to Ice Trap isn't even out yet. I will try to look into it!
I was thinking of doing this build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2121651

But this one is partially ES and looks more tankier, and can use Shock Nova with traps. I've actually never played a trapper though, so I'm going to watch some more of your videos. Looks interesting, I might do this build instead (for my league starter)
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
girng 님이 2019. 3. 7. 오전 10:32:58에 마지막으로 편집
Spell Gem info came out already and POB was updated, if that is what you're waiting for?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451448

Ice Trap stats @ 20/20Q:

1s cast, 150% dmg effectiveness

898-1347 cold damage
Trap lasts 4s
10% increased AOE
Will try this Build with tomorrows Patch :) Will this Thread be active to asking Stuff?

GL ALl tomorrow
"
MasterK18 님이 작성:
Will try this Build with tomorrows Patch :) Will this Thread be active to asking Stuff?

GL ALl tomorrow

I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible, yeah! I will be playing this League again, after all.

I also updated the POB link. Should be up to date now. Things might change in this build if Ice Trap turns out to be stronger than Fire Trap. Otherwise, it'll stay the same.
Thank you very much for the guide and effort you've put into it.

I will be starting with this build in Synthesis. Been playing for a long time but have never tried a trapper. It's time!

One question I have is about the skill tree pathing that you've recommended. It's a bit confusing to me - You've advised going for Hasty Reconstruction but you haven't taken it on the PoB link provided. Same for Blast Cascade. Should I pick these nodes?

Overall, there seem to be just too many attractive passives nearby and not enough points for all of them lol.

Also apologies if it has been mentioned, but how do we get the option to apply a second curse?
Biratancho 님이 2019. 3. 8. 오후 2:38:38에 마지막으로 편집
Hey, thanks for the well-made guide. I'm a relatively new player, and looking to use this as my first 'real' build, when I start Synthesis.

One thing I'm curious about (and I'm sorry if it's been asked before), but would Ele Overload be worthwhile on this build? It's not far from your build as is, and you'd have enough skill points to reach it if you didn't pick up the 'Increased Multiplier' nodes. (With points to spare.)

(Also, probably taking the 'Increased Cold Crit Chance' instead of the 'Increased Fire Crit Multiplier' in the Snowforged grouping.)
Skelatox 님이 2019. 3. 8. 오후 4:25:20에 마지막으로 편집
"
Biratancho 님이 작성:
Thank you very much for the guide and effort you've put into it.

I will be starting with this build in Synthesis. Been playing for a long time but have never tried a trapper. It's time!

One question I have is about the skill tree pathing that you've recommended. It's a bit confusing to me - You've advised going for Hasty Reconstruction but you haven't taken it on the PoB link provided. Same for Blast Cascade. Should I pick these nodes?

Overall, there seem to be just too many attractive passives nearby and not enough points for all of them lol.

Also apologies if it has been mentioned, but how do we get the option to apply a second curse?

I probably should redo that skill tree pathing. It's real ancient, heh. I picked Hasty Reconstruction before Traps got their big update. These days, it's useless for a Trapper using no traps with cooldowns.

The second curse you can apply if you get either Doedre's Ring or an Amulett that has the corrupted modifier of allowing an additional curse on a target. Then you would need corrupted gloves with the modifier of adding a curse on hit. Pretty darn expensive stuff, both of those.

"
Skelatox 님이 작성:
One thing I'm curious about (and I'm sorry if it's been asked before), but would Ele Overload be worthwhile on this build? It's not far from your build as is, and you'd have enough skill points to reach it if you didn't pick up the 'Increased Multiplier' nodes. (With points to spare.)

I didn't take it because I still like to deal some extra damage with my crits! Elemental Overload causes your criticial damage to add no extra damage, but your overall damage gets increased vy 40% instead if you crit. Soooo, really not much of a Skill for any sort of Shadow build in my opinion, since he starts far too close to all those juicy crit nodes.

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보