[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
DeathStalker77 님이 작성:
스포일러
Ok, Kitsugi is doable (only 1c, surprisingly!), but not the Maraketh bow - I'll have to rely on finding one of those,a nd then having the resources to 6s and 5l it :(

Also, looking at Trade, how are some of these Superior Bows getting +25%, +30%?! I knew gems could, under certain circumstances, get to +21%, but that's the first I've seen it on anything else.

I just REALLY hate breaking down to trade :( To me it still feels like cheating.

Also, I can't drop the +30 Int, as I need it for the Enfeeble gem. I could drop the Soul Of Steel node, and gain 3 pts there.

Still 11 levels to go before getting to the Entropy node.

Doesn't 12% Attack Speed factor in at all?

If not, the two of those would at least get me to the Blood Drinker node.

+2 gems 5-link is also cheap. Save your etiquette for bigger items. There's nothing wrong with buying essential items.

Quality above 20% comes from Perfect fossil that allows it. They also drop in azurite mine sometimes.

EDIT: since you added some lines - skill tree picks up 30 int node at evasion/hp wheel between shadow and ranger. If anything, you can leave your gems at lower level before you get gear with intelligence (~60 is needed total)

AS is QoL only, it doesn't increase DPS like in usual hit builds.

EDIT2: Leech applies only to hits
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
DankawSL 님이 2018. 10. 28. 오후 11:31:22에 마지막으로 편집
I added some info to my previous post, not sure if you saw that :)
"
DankawSL 님이 작성:

EDIT: since you added some lines - skill tree picks up 30 int node at evasion/hp wheel between shadow and ranger. If anything, you can leave your gems at lower level before you get gear with intelligence (~60 is needed total)

AS is QoL only, it doesn't increase DPS like in usual hit builds.

EDIT2: Leech applies only to hits

I was afraid of that about Leech :( My Hit damage with TS is almost double that of CA, but I love the cloud that CA creates when things walk into it, and so found it more effective.

My CA currently does 3931.3 DPS (tooltip) but does 10k+ chaos DoT, and it is +16%. The TS has no +% and does 6514.2 DPS.

Hard to tell which is "truly" more effective, but it seems that I have to hit targets a LOT more with the TS than the CA.

Also, how did you get that +% CA Duration on your helmet?! :)

I was thinking about a Pig-Faced or Nightmare Bascinet - not worth the trade-off?

EDIT: Well I just picked up a Maraketh bow, so that's something (just a white 3s).

Also, what do you think, Void Manipulation vs Faster Attacks Support? I notice that VM does less (tooltip) DPS ~400, but bumps up the Chaos damage about that much.
DeathStalker77 님이 2018. 10. 29. 오전 12:51:50에 마지막으로 편집
Thought about using Greater Multiple Projectiles Support with RoA, as opposed to Faster Attacks, but the DPS drop is SIGNIFICANT, even at the top level of -26% damage. I think the 43% Increased Attack Speed makes up for that. I seem to be clearing mobs pretty quick with it, and the multiple hits also help both the Life & Mana Leech aspects more.

Not sure whether comparable levels of Onslaught Support vs Added Cold Damage would be more effective. I currently only have a lower level Onslaught gem, so it initially drops my DPS significantly.

Could also use Withering Touch Support.
DeathStalker77 님이 2018. 10. 29. 오전 10:37:32에 마지막으로 편집
I'm not sure if you actually noticed, but right now you're being very disrespectful to me. You came here for help, i gave you best advice i could which you proceed to completely ignore. Not only that, you're still asking me questions that i already addressed or are completely unrelated to my build.

I am NOT your personal tutor. I'm not going to waste my time so you can throw into a trash. If you're going to ignore me, i'm going to ignore you.

Let's be honest, you have no idea what you're doing. You can only learn, or be obedient and listen to others. If you neither like you're currently doing, then you won't get anywhere. Easiest way - pick a guide and follow it. Don't ask questions, just do it.

This is my last post on this matter. I will not reply until you do what i told you to.
I meant no disrespect. I an trying to UNDERSTAND why things make a difference.

Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day - teach a man how to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.
Well, youre in a Thread for a CA build and ask Question of whole different matters.
Read the whole Guide carefully, he really has explained anything regarding all of your questions that belong to this Guide.

Your setup of Gems and stuff simply dont synergize well the way i see it. Look at DankawSL's passive tree and take it by heart. Just try to copy it.
Then you will get your head around the mechanics involved in this Build.

Regards

e: and to mention your metaphor: I does not matter if you teach someone to fish if he seems to be vegan ;)
BorkeNoah 님이 2018. 10. 29. 오후 7:04:11에 마지막으로 편집
I started levelling using your build, and started making some tweaks as I got more comfortable with it and getting my items in order.

https://pastebin.com/CfYYh5UM This is the path of building code if you wanted to see what tweaks I've made.

All in all this is a really fun build and I'm currently the best I've ever done in a league so far. Thanks for writing this guide
So, I expected it to take a bit to get to level 20 gems, but I wasn't expecting it to take this long. Getting them from 18 to 19 was slow, from 19 to 20 is taking forever. At this rate it seems I'll be 90 (or higher) before I have a single level 20 gem. I don't mind too much, the damage is good right now, but I'm dreaming about that level 21 gem damage and level 20 supports. If all 7 gems fail to level up on Vaal, then at least the increase at level 20 will be decent.

Are there any tricks, other than just keep on mapping until they level? Any maps that are better gem exp than others, etc.?

Thank you!
"
cramco 님이 작성:
I started levelling using your build, and started making some tweaks as I got more comfortable with it and getting my items in order.

https://pastebin.com/CfYYh5UM This is the path of building code if you wanted to see what tweaks I've made.

All in all this is a really fun build and I'm currently the best I've ever done in a league so far. Thanks for writing this guide

Changes to the passive tree are mostly negative. You didn't pick frenzy charges, which are equal to ~12% increased damage on the tree on top many other bonuses (especially with Raider's frenzy path). Overall you skipped defence and QoL for more damage. In the long run, your damage will be the same and you'll be way more squishy.

You should really invest into 6-linked bow. I know, +2 arrows from Death's Opus are really awesome, but if you want to go that route then at least get a 6-link body armour with +2 duration/AoE/projectile gems. It's subpar to end game build, but quite good for early powerfarming.

Atziri's Promise doesn't do anything, since all of this build's dps comes from CA's chaos DoT. Conversion applies to hit only. 2 other utility flasks for speed are not really worth it. The build has up to 150% increased MS with quicksilver on. It's better to just use them on defence instead.

Everything else is OK. I also did notice that you tried to trigger rampage with Wyrmsign + 3 fragility jewels. There's an easier way tho, equip Dancing Dervish / Sinvicta's Mettle in second weapon slot, kill 2 worms from the Writhing Jar flask and swap back to bow. While not visible, rampage already started - after few more kills you'll see the rampage bar. I don't think rampage bonus is worth it with build's current stats, but if you like it... why not.

"
ryoken0367 님이 작성:
스포일러
So, I expected it to take a bit to get to level 20 gems, but I wasn't expecting it to take this long. Getting them from 18 to 19 was slow, from 19 to 20 is taking forever. At this rate it seems I'll be 90 (or higher) before I have a single level 20 gem. I don't mind too much, the damage is good right now, but I'm dreaming about that level 21 gem damage and level 20 supports. If all 7 gems fail to level up on Vaal, then at least the increase at level 20 will be decent.

Are there any tricks, other than just keep on mapping until they level? Any maps that are better gem exp than others, etc.?

Thank you!

It's normal for gems to hit lvl 20 around character level 90/91. The fastest way to level gems is spaming low level area (map or act zone) and kill the highest amount of monsters in shortest time possible. It's because the xp penalty (for you having higher level than the monsters) doesn't apply to gems. Other option is to map like you would normally do.

Zone i often farm for gem xp are Desecrated Chambers in act 10. 30kk xp per hour, obviously using GMP for clear speed.
DankawSL 님이 2018. 10. 30. 오후 6:34:49에 마지막으로 편집

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보