[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

thread of hope was nerfed and no longer picks up saboteur making it kind of bad.

Unnatural instinct is really good for this build.
Is Projectile Weakness a better curse for this build than Elemental Weakness or Conductivity or does it not work?
Ex0rt_ 님이 2020. 6. 25. 오전 11:25:15에 마지막으로 편집
"
Ex0rt_ 님이 작성:
Is Projectile Weakness a better curse for this build than Elemental Weakness or Conductivity or does it not work?

Projectile weakness is good comes with knockback which is nice.
Conductivity is good esp if you use trap and mine over elemental focus
Elemental weakness good as well.

Running no curse is fine as well. Doesn't really make or break the build.

What does leveling trees look like on 3.11? None of your trees path to agnostic. How early do we take that?
Hello there!

I have noticed there are some knowledgable people hanging around helping people out so I would like hear how you guys are handling the the nerfs to slower proj support's less speed nerf and maybe start up a damage optimization discussion. I believe this is an especially important discussion for scion miners as scion sabo only gets 30% inc AoE and hiero doesnt get AoE at all.

First a little recap what this is all about (Apologies if this is a repeat from anywhere in the thread). From the wiki:

"Ball Lightning is a slow moving projectile, that strikes targets with bolts of lightning around itself. Lightning bolts strike targets every 150 milliseconds and each target cannot be hit more often than this. That restriction is shared between all balls fired on the same cast"

The maximum is 13 hits from a single Ball. So in order to calculate true BL dps, we need to know how many times a single ball hits an enemy. This is a function of AoE, proj speed and enemy size. The following spreadsheet is a nice tool.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rz9F8-PfsijZ_kNUNWURiRQabMCRbuaVGaLTie_oLDw/edit#gid=975172529

From here you can see why a nerf from -44% less proj speed to -30% had a big effect.

There are some different setups you can try out to hit the maximum 13 hits. Pure sabo miners has it easier with a lot of AoE coming from asecndancy. For us it is a little different.

Personally I started of sabo/PF to utilize the 30% inc AoE from Sabo scion node + adjacent animosity anoint + 1x 10% inc AoE small node (Near Blast radius) for the following stats totaling for 12 hits/cast:

- 40% inc AoE (Scion sabo + small AoE node)
- 10% reduced proj speed (Adjacent animosity)
- 30% less proj speed (Lvl 20 slow proj support)

Later on I decided to path to adjacent animosity for another 10% reduced proj speed and dropped the small AoE node. This led me to hit 13 hits/cast:

- 30% inc AoE (Scion sabo)
- 20% reduced proj speed (Nodes leading to and including Adjacent animosity)

Now I am trying to plan out what to do when I switch to hiero and would like to see what you guys think.

TL;DR - How do you get to 13 hits/cast for BL as a hiero/pf BL miner?
alpish 님이 2020. 6. 26. 오전 3:10:52에 마지막으로 편집
"
alpish 님이 작성:
Hello there!

I have noticed there are some knowledgable people hanging around helping people out so I would like hear how you guys are handling the the nerfs to slower proj support's less speed nerf and maybe start up a damage optimization discussion. I believe this is an especially important discussion for scion miners as scion sabo only gets 30% inc AoE and hiero doesnt get AoE at all.

First a little recap what this is all about (Apologies if this is a repeat from anywhere in the thread). From the wiki:

"Ball Lightning is a slow moving projectile, that strikes targets with bolts of lightning around itself. Lightning bolts strike targets every 150 milliseconds and each target cannot be hit more often than this. That restriction is shared between all balls fired on the same cast"

The maximum is 13 hits from a single Ball. So in order to calculate true BL dps, we need to know how many times a single ball hits an enemy. This is a function of AoE, proj speed and enemy size. The following spreadsheet is a nice tool.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rz9F8-PfsijZ_kNUNWURiRQabMCRbuaVGaLTie_oLDw/edit#gid=975172529

From here you can why a nerf from -44% less proj speed to -30% had a big effect.

There are some different setups you can try out to hit the maximum 13 hits. Pure sabo miners has it easier with a lot of AoE coming from asecndancy. For us it is a little different.

Personally I started of sabo/PF to utilize the 30% inc AoE from Sabo scion node + adjacent animosity anoint + 1x 10% inc AoE small node (Near Blast radius) for the following stats totaling for 12 hits/cast:

Later on I decided to path to adjacent animosity for another 10% reduced proj speed and dropped the small AoE node. This led me to hit 13 hits/cast:

Now I am trying to plan out what to do when I switch to hiero and would like to see what you guys think.

Could consider Dying Sun. 40% inc aoe with our flask effect. Also adds 3 projectiles because of the flask effect. The 4 balls makes you able to drop Minefield support for more smooth mapping, should you wish to. (Also let's you stack 40-50% more damage up on phased encounters)
"
alpish 님이 작성:
Hello there!

From here you can see why a nerf from -44% less proj speed to -30% had a big effect.

I'm currently pathing to those nodes as well. If and when I decide to switch to heiro, I'm considering pathing to the top left scion jewel socket with 4 points through the life regen nodes, then putting an unnatural instinct which picks up 30% AoE, 24% max mana, 20% skill effect duration, and some other random crap.
It was stupid as hell but I tried GMP + Knockback and I had a good laugh. :D

On a side note, OP should probably mention that all the trees provided are now outdated and that new players should only check the PoB.

Thanks for the build anyway. :)
So what unique gems are we supposed to be running for this build now? Is it Thread of Hope or is it Unnatural Instinct? The guide says the latter, but the PoB uses the former, meanwhile the comments are saying Thread of Hope is worse? What should I be pushing for, and where would it socket? Thanks.
"
Sigthorne 님이 작성:
So what unique gems are we supposed to be running for this build now? Is it Thread of Hope or is it Unnatural Instinct? The guide says the latter, but the PoB uses the former, meanwhile the comments are saying Thread of Hope is worse? What should I be pushing for, and where would it socket? Thanks.

There is multiple options I believe. I do Unnatural Instinct right above Blood Drinker.

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보