Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Guys is 1.3k dps normal for a level 65? I only have a 4 link and no alpha's howl either. Currently at 2.9k life only.
Alright been looking at this guide and saw something that sparked my interest.

You want to aim for a foil (1 handed sword) with over 2.0 attacks per second, ideally 2.1+.

There was more talk about that magical 2 attacks/sec in the guide.

Isn't EDPS what we should look at first and foremost? What relevancy has 2-2,1 attacks/sec when we can sort the search results on poe xyz by edps or even search for a specific edps range we can afford i am wondering why we even need to worry about what speed our weapon has?

Let's bring clarity to the matter please.

"
kompaniet 님이 작성:

You want to aim for a foil (1 handed sword) with over 2.0 attacks per second, ideally 2.1+.

Isn't EDPS what we should look at first and foremost? What relevancy has 2-2,1 attacks/sec when we can sort the search results on poe xyz by edps or even search for a specific edps range we can afford i am wondering why we even need to worry about what speed our weapon has?

In 200+ pages this has been covered a bunch.

There is a common misconception that attacks mostly come from the weapon. The main elemental damage isn't coming from the sword it's coming from Wrath and Anger. The elemental damage on the sword acts as an additive modifier strengthening the base damage. The attack speed on the sword acts more as a multiplier.

There is some give and play to this of course. There are times where a lesser attack speed sword with more eDPS will be better than a high attack speed with less eDPS but that's mostly while wrath and anger are still leveling. In most cases a high attack speed (especially tri elemental) sword will trump a lesser attack speed higher elemental sword.

--------------
If you want to compare weapons though you can check a page back I have a calculator spreadsheet where you can put different swords in based on your specific spec at your specific level with your specific gear to see what works best for you.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Madcow1120 님이 2014. 4. 8. 오후 2:41:52에 마지막으로 편집
EDPS of the sword very end game is not significant...Dont waste ur ex !
Also u can easily craft one endgame with 26-27% aps + 1 or 2 elemental damages.
Until u reach level20 auras a good EDPS sword with lower attack speed will perfom better..

However when u will max out auras, APS is the Most Important. Aim for 2.1+.

So get an aps foil with 2.1+ up to 2.16, and dont worry about EDPS so much...

There are a lot of analytical examples on this issue among the 200+ pages of this thread...

Our major SP DPS don't come from the weapon. The weapon is the delivery tool for the offensive auras, and its speed defines how fast we deliver , so defines our main DPS.
Stef_ 님이 2014. 4. 8. 오후 2:59:04에 마지막으로 편집
"
Madcow1120 님이 작성:
"
Annihilat0r 님이 작성:
Guys one question, Im lvl 82 and I still didnt go for Resolute tehnique, is it really necessary? Currently my chance to hit is 74%, and I dont notice that i miss that much, but on the other side I dont know if my crits are noticable. Please help. TY

26% of the time you are wasting life and not leeching. That's one issue with not having RT.

roughly 26% of your dps (technically damage over more time would be a better scale) is lost to missing which also means you leech less when you do in fact hit.

Do you have to have it? Are you dying a lot? If not then whatever makes you happy. But will you notice the difference? yes. 74% chance to hit is low and the 2 notes above hurt survivability and clear speed.

I dont die at all, but I took every nod i wanted to rush, now I wanted to know more before I decide to go ether for RT or for more life nodes. I have 4k life and 6200 dps. Chance to hit is 74% and my skills are on the half way to lvl 19. So going for RT is best option?
My IGN is TheFatality.
U can live without RT. And also evade ele damage if not having it. But with 74% hit, yeah u should get it for sure at some point.
As a ranger I had 88-89% hit chance and still got it, but not before lvl80. I wanted to get almost all life nodes and the rest of the tree, before spending 4 passives for that. Maps runned smoothly like this.

At level85-90, u can have RT and Acrobatis if your evasion based..
If u have lighting coil, well u can skip more points easier from Acrobatics, and get it sooner, I am getting Acrob last soon in lvl85

Stef_ 님이 2014. 4. 8. 오후 3:17:55에 마지막으로 편집
this is my gear. now i farmed and farmed and farmed but couldnt find a decent 2.0+ AS weapon then i am like lets alc this foil and then bam 2.13 AS weapon! that alpha howl took me 8 stacks of chrom to get that rrbg which i think is almost 160. i Don't have good chest still saving up for that 6l but i cant for some reason get 3r,2g so instead i have faster attacks instead of weapon elemental damage.
anyhow none of my skill gems are quality and almost all of them are 19 so i am currently at 6.7k dps i bet it would explode after i insert weapon elemental damage gem :D
스포일러

Replace Life Leech with WED and see for ur self ! Y its a big boost
"
Madcow1120 님이 작성:
"
kompaniet 님이 작성:

In 200+ pages this has been covered a bunch.

There is a common misconception that attacks mostly come from the weapon. The main elemental damage isn't coming from the sword it's coming from Wrath and Anger. The elemental damage on the sword acts as an additive modifier strengthening the base damage. The attack speed on the sword acts more as a multiplier.

There is some give and play to this of course. There are times where a lesser attack speed sword with more eDPS will be better than a high attack speed with less eDPS but that's mostly while wrath and anger are still leveling. In most cases a high attack speed (especially tri elemental) sword will trump a lesser attack speed higher elemental sword.

--------------
If you want to compare weapons though you can check a page back I have a calculator spreadsheet where you can put different swords in based on your specific spec at your specific level with your specific gear to see what works best for you.

Excellent reply. I understand this now. Thanks!

"
Stef_ 님이 작성:
EDPS of the sword very end game is not significant...Dont waste ur ex !
Also u can easily craft one endgame with 26-27% aps + 1 or 2 elemental damages.
Until u reach level20 auras a good EDPS sword with lower attack speed will perfom better..

However when u will max out auras, APS is the Most Important. Aim for 2.1+.

So get an aps foil with 2.1+ up to 2.16, and dont worry about EDPS so much...

There are a lot of analytical examples on this issue among the 200+ pages of this thread...

Our major SP DPS don't come from the weapon. The weapon is the delivery tool for the offensive auras, and its speed defines how fast we deliver , so defines our main DPS.

And you too. Well explained. It's crystal clear to me now why a fast weapon is preferred =)
kompaniet 님이 2014. 4. 8. 오후 4:15:35에 마지막으로 편집
The main thing I like about this build is the outstanding agility. Instead of focusing on facetanking all game content, this build focuses on dodging which is greatly underestimated.

Some examples of crazy map mods I've done with this build:

- Double boss maze with vulnerability + extra cold damage. Rocks were able to do 2k+ each.
- Residence with minus max, turbo(Fleet), vulnerability. Dominus was EXTREMELY difficult. Took me over 10 minutes to do him but it was worth it(got academy).
- Collonade with vulnerability, deadly, extra fire damage. Yup, a triple damage map.
- Temple with double boss, temporal, deadly,lightning res. I don't really want to repeat this. Temporal severely hurts this build against something like piety.

In general I can do entire maps without getting hit a single time if I really try. That is mostly the strategy of triple damage maps. Whirling out of the way when you have a full qualitied whirl, 27% IAS weapon, haste, IAS gear and IAS passives is extremely fast. I am able to travel maps faster than someone with 55% movement + QS.

So thanks again for the build. One of the truly skillbased builds.
kasub 님이 2014. 4. 8. 오후 5:04:32에 마지막으로 편집

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보