Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Just wanted to say that I really appreciate the build and have really enjoyed it thus far.
I'm playing with Self Found gear only and doing fairly well progressing into Act 3 Cruel.
Just hit 49 and farming City of Sarn/Docks at the moment.
Here is my gear thus far... =)

"
hunTShoo 님이 작성:

well im with altissimus,

your first appearence in this threaad was just some sort of "omg op is a douchbag"-douchbag action.
you laughting at ppl try to argue and to help to find a good build.
and you wonder that ppl wonder about your attidute?

pls boy...

so if you are the pro theory-crafter-hc-balls-deep-r0ckz0r-of-d00m, why you have to ask the op for every single step on a hc build?
man if you know best, just build it at hc your way and post results here.

you are theory crafting and insulting ppl responding to you since a whole week now.
its pathetic.

happy chrismas.

First off, I asked for OP's advice on something different. He responded in a somewhat crass manner. He apologized for that and said that was not his intent. No worries there. I have no issues at all with Mathil. He has been nothing but diplomatic.

Second, altissimus just seems to have a little sand in his vagina. Guess you are also is that same boat huntshoo. Really not sure why, but at this point I really don't give two sh**s.

Third, I admitted my thoughts were pure theory craft. I also said that I would try it out and that if it didn't work I would change it. Never did I say that my theory craft was the end all be all. I am fully aware at what the intent of the original build is. Due to the nature of the game so far and the multiple bugs that GGG has yet to address I would rather not spend time on a hardcore build that is unable to survive some of the "glitches/features" of PoE.

You can keep QQ'ing all you want and thinking that I have been insulting everyone, but that is just not true.

Mathil admitted that he has not played a build with EB or MoM. I also admitted that given the intent of the build that MoM is inferior to using something like lightning coil. Lightning coil gives you essentially around 8-10k armor if you have 85% lightning resistance. Plus you can still keep most of your mana reserved and use the exact same auras that are used in the original build. I said this already. Basically admitting that OP was right regarding the difficulty of trying to run MoM with this build.

I also said that EB is much more powerful than most people think it is. You can easily sustain the skills completely on mana with as little as 2000 mana and not even have to run clarity. I know this is possible because I am doing it right now and I am using only self found gear minus my 1 hander. Just to give people an idea, currently I am running 3 60% auras and one 40% aura without using alpha's howl because I haven't bought one yet. Still able to run level 10 arctic armor and run all skills completely off of mana. Currently this helps because as I said my gear is self-found and I don't have a 5L.
Hey runnin, mind sharing the build you plan that includes EB?
Despite me saying before I'm not gonna try this build myself I caved on account of this build just being too intriguing and awesome not to try.

I'm still very intrigued about ways to tinker with the build in interesting ways.
Also how much ES on gear in that build would be needed to reach that 2k mana you were talking about.
IGN: cheshirian
EB + arctic armour + use skills with mana ... if that work .. would be great!

question from me: i lvl that build right now. i am lvl 47 right now. I switch to bow last lvl and lightning arrow with lmp and kill stuff faster and feel more safier (cause bow projectiles dmg is instanst and the spectral throw fly time is a bit longer :( )

what you (the experience people) think about that build with a bow? you lose the block chance BUT you dont skill block passives ether. So its not a lot. But you get more base dmg and faster projectiles.
--- TEMPUS FUGIT ---
"
derbund666 님이 작성:
EB + arctic armour + use skills with mana ... if that work .. would be great!

question from me: i lvl that build right now. i am lvl 47 right now. I switch to bow last lvl and lightning arrow with lmp and kill stuff faster and feel more safier (cause bow projectiles dmg is instanst and the spectral throw fly time is a bit longer :( )

what you (the experience people) think about that build with a bow? you lose the block chance BUT you dont skill block passives ether. So its not a lot. But you get more base dmg and faster projectiles.

I am sure Mathil and others will chime in, but I expect you will not be able to get the same attack speed with bows that you would with thrusting swords. Attack speed is what makes this build really work I think. Just remember, when running auras each attack gets the aura added damage. So comparing damage to attack speed, usually attack speed will trump it most of the time.
"
Mallazar 님이 작성:
Hey runnin, mind sharing the build you plan that includes EB?
Despite me saying before I'm not gonna try this build myself I caved on account of this build just being too intriguing and awesome not to try.

I'm still very intrigued about ways to tinker with the build in interesting ways.
Also how much ES on gear in that build would be needed to reach that 2k mana you were talking about.

Here is how I would do the build if I wanted to run EB+Arctic Armor and skills from mana. In order to make it work you must take all reduced mana reservation nodes.

Also since I built it for hardcore I would be using certain uniques to maximize survivability. I would use Lightning coil for the 40% reduced physical damage (this is essentially acting as our armor). Second, I would use blind as the 6th link in the chest. What many people forget about blind is that even if you ran IR (5% chance to evade) and you blinded an enemy you would still have a 75% chance to evade their attack. Until blind was used in the 6L I would use smoke bomb to blind the enemies while I level. You could also put culling strike as the 6th gem in the 6L and use smoke bomb for the blind.

Rathpith globe would be the perfect shield since it gives 10% more life, gives ES for Eldritch Battery and gives very good spell block (also gives some lightning res to offset the -60 from lightning coil). To help with the whole spell block, I would also run rainbow strides (legacy ones are preferred of course). These give extra 25% spell block chance

58.79% mana reserved for three 60% auras (in alpha's howl).
30.67% mana reserved for two 40% auras.
Total of 89.46% mana reserved. If you had 2000 mana you would have 210 mana left over after all the reservation.

The BIG difference is that I would not take IR or Acrobatics. Instead I would use block and spell block (using The Anvil to add 10% additional block for a total of 48% block). I know many people like max block builds, but also take into account that you would pretty much be blinding all you enemies due to the fast attack speed of the build.

I will also say that this is still a complete theory craft. I will try it out and see how viable it is.

In the end, Mathil's build is obviously going to be higher dps. However, his build uses evasion and dodge only (and possibly phase acrobatics). If I have done the math right with my build you should be able to use block, spell block, decreased physical damage (due to lightning coil), evasion by using blind or smoke bomb AND at least level 15 arctic armor.
hey guys, following ops skilling with an emphasis on damage instead of life. i'm at 3.5k (lvl82) atm and feeling pretty solid, with dem resists and Lightning Coil its really awesome.
anyways, feeling my damage is going down quite a bit in higher level maps and EE/resistance mods. did i miss anything obvious in my equipment? i'm at 6.6k atm.

스포일러

would love to get some hints :)
hansi 님이 2013. 12. 27. 오후 4:04:29에 마지막으로 편집
Only thing I see that you can improve is getting WED on weapon and on that last ring. Also adding faster attacks once you get a 6L should improve dps a lot I believe since this build relies a LOT on attack speed.
"
hansi 님이 작성:
hey guys, following ops skilling with an emphasis on damage instead of life. i'm at 3.5k (lvl82) atm and feeling pretty solid, with dem resists and Lightning Coil its really awesome.
anyways, feeling my damage is going down quite a bit in higher level maps and EE/resistance mods. did i miss anything obvious in my equipment? i'm at 6.6k atm.

스포일러

would love to get some hints :)

weapon got some space to improve. attack speed is the most important fact, your weapon is quiet slow for this build. if you get your hands on a 2,1 weapon, your dps increase will be huge
Couldn't seem to find a good one hander for less than 1 exslt so I settled with this for 2 exalts...

will this last me til end game? and did I overpay for it?

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보