THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

One of the things that will need some science is if crit is better than RT now... with 100% proc rate and an internal CD, it's quite possible that crit will be the way to go.

So we will need answers to lots of questions:
1) What's the best Mjolner gem setup for map clearing? Single target?
2) What's the best attack gem setup to trigger Mjolner for map clear? Single target?
3) Is crit better than RT? How much investment do you need to make that true?
4) Just how good or bad is this build now?

I dunno how easy it's going to be to answer all those things.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
tackle70 님이 2016. 9. 1. 오전 7:22:14에 마지막으로 편집
Big thx for this guide, i was able to try mjölner in perandus! Now ive been trying it agian in standard, and its still working with the samne setup i had in perandus, atleast in t10-t11 maps.

So do you think low life mjölner will be good for general fast mapping still? I like the ability to have alot of auras active, i play with couple friends usually and its nice for them too. Im gonna be playing standard for some time, and im kinda only missing volls devotion, and some better ring/helm to make this work nicely (and ofc lvl 4 emp and enl, 6l shavs :p). I really like the shield chargin with mjölner <3

Maybe arc could be kept there in general mapping, cuz discharge seems to still do enough damage to kill most things easily, but for harder content change for support.

"
DeGyrst 님이 작성:
Big thx for this guide, i was able to try mjölner in perandus! Now ive been trying it agian in standard, and its still working with the samne setup i had in perandus, atleast in t10-t11 maps.

So do you think low life mjölner will be good for general fast mapping still? I like the ability to have alot of auras active, i play with couple friends usually and its nice for them too. Im gonna be playing standard for some time, and im kinda only missing volls devotion, and some better ring/helm to make this work nicely (and ofc lvl 4 emp and enl, 6l shavs :p). I really like the shield chargin with mjölner <3

Maybe arc could be kept there in general mapping, cuz discharge seems to still do enough damage to kill most things easily, but for harder content change for support.

Yeah this is all going to need some science to figure out. Possible that the build will be best as-is with Arc/Discharge/Support and Lightning Strike as main attack and Molten Strike for high HP single target. Or it's possible that lots of that will need to be adjusted.
What matters most now, is that it looks like build is not dead yet :P
A Crit variation may not need strong crit multiplier investment. Elemental Overload provides a strong damage boost without needing any real investment in crit.
iSo1iD 님이 2016. 9. 1. 오전 8:05:16에 마지막으로 편집
"
iSo1iD 님이 작성:
A Crit variation may not need strong crit multiplier investment. Elemental Overload provides a strong damage boost without needing any real investment in crit.

I think the relative strength here is going to largely depend on the impact of the cooldown.

I have 76% accuracy rating without RT, so the ordinary dynamic of crit + elemental overload seems to me to be 1.4 * 0.76 * 0.95 (due to chance on romira's that you lose all charges, though I don't know precisely how GGG has this interaction with discharge sequenced) yielding about 1.01 times the damage in the present circumstances.

However, if the build generates hits so quickly that discharge cannot go off due to the 100ms cooldown in 2.4, then *functionally* the accuracy loss does not matter, because your procs are not limited by the number of hits you deal but by the internal cooldown. In this scenario, crit + elemental overload is likely superior with precisely zero investment into anything.

My guess as to what will be best, and what I plan to test initially, is the following:
* Elemental Overload instead of Resolute Technique
* Same gem setup as current for general map clearing (Lightning Penetration + Arc + Discharge in Mjolner, Lightning Strike + Multistrike + Fortify + Fast Attacks as main attack)
* Same attack gem setup for single target (Molten Strike + Fast Attacks + GMP + Multistrike)
* Discharge-only gem setup in Mjolner for single target (Discharge + Lightning Penetration + Elemental Focus/Controlled Destruction)

I'm uncertain how good the current setup will be in difficult maps where everything has high HP. I expect the single target setup with discharge only will be quite good. The ideal single target setup would be 40 hits per second, causing discharge to go off 10 times per second at maximum charges each time.

Lets discuss testing here in this thread. When there's either consensus - or I just have a strong conviction - about what is best, I will go ahead and remake the guide in the Marauder forum.
tackle70 님이 2016. 9. 1. 오전 9:50:18에 마지막으로 편집
I'll probably be testing the Berserker Crit Variation initially, albeit i will also try tossing in Arc and Discharge into Mjolner for genric mapping to see if the combo is still somewhat viable. (When Discharge is on its cooldown, Arc will trigger instead, vise versa).

If the core rainbownuke build is proven to be viable after our initial testing, my main goal will be to test a pathfinder variation of this build that utilizes Elemental Overload, as I initially planned (even before the patch notes were announced). Perma Flask Up time will be very strong if it works.
"
tackle70 님이 작성:

My guess as to what will be best, and what I plan to test initially, is the following:
* Elemental Overload instead of Resolute Technique
* Same gem setup as current for general map clearing (Lightning Penetration + Arc + Discharge in Mjolner, Lightning Strike + Multistrike + Fortify + Fast Attacks as main attack)
* Same attack gem setup for single target (Molten Strike + Fast Attacks + GMP + Multistrike)
* Discharge-only gem setup in Mjolner for single target (Discharge + Lightning Penetration + Elemental Focus)

So:
1) EO instead of Resolute, as you said, requires no point investment and provide a 40% more damage multiplier, enough to offset the trigger discharge nerf and gain something extra, without a real drawback
2) For general map clearing, a max aoe single discharge can also be quite good, if coupled with:
Shield charge-FA-Fortify
This setup improves mobility, so we can pretty much ignore movement speed bonus/malus, and requires as little as a 3 link instead of 4
3) No objection here, molten strike will still be the best charge generator for us
4) Discharge only gem setup for single target could also be Dis-Ele Focus-Controlled Destruction... double more damage multiplier, but here we need someone who has the willpower to run all the math to determine the best link setup, seeing that there are a lot of more damage multiplier gems to use

Obviously, this is my 0.02 :)
"
iSo1iD 님이 작성:
I'll probably be testing the Berserker Crit Variation initially, albeit i will also try tossing in Arc and Discharge into Mjolner for genric mapping to see if the combo is still somewhat viable. (When Discharge is on its cooldown, Arc will trigger instead, vise versa).

If the core rainbownuke build is proven to be viable after our initial testing, my main goal will be to test a pathfinder variation of this build that utilizes Elemental Overload, as I initially planned (even before the patch notes were announced). Perma Flask Up time will be very strong if it works.

How do you plan to compensate for the lack of leech on pathfinder? Is a 10% chance to gain a flask charge on crit + 5% crit chance enough to get permanent vinktar up? Seems doubtful to me.

I have felt like anytime I can't get leech from the ascendancy class, I've needed to run life leech in Mjolner or else reflect and some bosses suddenly become super scary.
tackle70 님이 2016. 9. 1. 오전 9:57:14에 마지막으로 편집
"
tackle70 님이 작성:
"
iSo1iD 님이 작성:

How do you plan to compensate for the lack of leech on pathfinder? Is a 10% chance to gain a flask charge on crit + 5% crit chance enough to get permanent vinktar up? Seems doubtful to me.

I have felt like anytime I can't get leech from the ascendancy class, I've needed to run life leech in Mjolner or else reflect and some bosses suddenly become super scary.

Permanent Legacy Vessel of Vinktar uptime, assuming that I can achieve that with the crit discharge and pathfinder crit flask refill nodes alone. With crit passives, Discharge will have around 35% - 45% crit chance (57.5% - 70% with Diamond Flask).

For generic clearing, flask up keep is no issue at all. However, for true single target, I too believe that flask up keep wont be completely consistent and will most likely flat out fail, but its still something I wanted to test.

Worse case scenario, is that I will have to add life leech to single target discharge setup in lieu of elemental focus. I still expect Berserker to be uncontested in terms of overall power and survival. (I will roll this character in to a low life blade vortex if this fails anyways)
iSo1iD 님이 2016. 9. 1. 오전 10:59:39에 마지막으로 편집

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보