[3.8] DoomHerald | All Content | Millions+ DPS MirageArcher | 7k+ Life | 600+ Delves | 5-Link only

I've been studying this build for a few weeks now and trying to see why my damage is not much higher. If anyone would check my pastebin https://pastebin.com/zzaCSsJc and give me some constructive advice I'd greatly appreciate it. I can see a some pretty important dps boosters missing, but I can't see why the dps gap is so large between this build and mine. Obviously you have some really high rolls on jewels, maxxed out gems, some extra ele damage on a few items, you're using the wise oak (how does this effect you with maxxed out resistances?), your enchants are awesome, you're using doomfletch but my bow seems to have 2k more dps unless it's because all the extra added phys, I don't have herald of thunder equipped currently and I'm still missing some crit nodes in my build. It seems like I'm missing a lot of dps boosters, but is it 4.25 million dps worth?
Hmm..its hard and not fair, to compare apples and peaches.
If u dont use the same equip/Tree it is not difficult to see why there is a huge gap in DPS... imho
"
jddwarrior18 님이 작성:
I've been studying this build for a few weeks now and trying to see why my damage is not much higher. If anyone would check my pastebin https://pastebin.com/zzaCSsJc and give me some constructive advice I'd greatly appreciate it. I can see a some pretty important dps boosters missing, but I can't see why the dps gap is so large between this build and mine. Obviously you have some really high rolls on jewels, maxxed out gems, some extra ele damage on a few items, you're using the wise oak (how does this effect you with maxxed out resistances?), your enchants are awesome, you're using doomfletch but my bow seems to have 2k more dps unless it's because all the extra added phys, I don't have herald of thunder equipped currently and I'm still missing some crit nodes in my build. It seems like I'm missing a lot of dps boosters, but is it 4.25 million dps worth?

The machanics of how and why I choose those items and the gear involved are explained pretty thoroughly in the guide - if you have questions about some of the terminology a look into the PoE wiki might help you.

As it stands your question is kinda way out there to give a good answer to?

You are comparing totally different things. This build and its items form a cohesive whole to make stuff work a certain way due to certain mechanics in the game. If you take out more then half the stuff that makes this build and its mechanics work it is obvious it will not work anymore.
Cyrix1337 님이 2019. 7. 7. 오전 10:27:35에 마지막으로 편집
Hey OP, sorry if necroing this thread, but for your jewels, how is your placement for them? Meeks on the sides Unnatural on the bottom, or putting Unnatural on one of the sides? Also can this build run effectively with only single abyss on helm, boots, and gloves?
Heya so im not in end game maps yet with this build, the leveling been a breeze through but I had a couple of questions.

Since we're getting so much elemental penetration, why are we converting a bunch of our physical to chaos? Is scourge arrow just so much better than everything else for aoe that not scaling 60% of our phys doesn't matter?

Similarly since we quad dip from phys what about things like Chance to bleed and maim suport?
Admitedly they dont scale the a couple of heralds. But it seems like theres two things going on here would it be better to min max one rather than do two things at the same time?
This isnt criticism, I'm just really trying to understand the nuance of the build.

Thanks.
"
EvanFarshadow 님이 작성:
Hey OP, sorry if necroing this thread, but for your jewels, how is your placement for them? Meeks on the sides Unnatural on the bottom, or putting Unnatural on one of the sides? Also can this build run effectively with only single abyss on helm, boots, and gloves?

Necro? The last post before yours was 20 Minutes old. :P Don't worry.

It is on the 'right' jewel-socket. But please check the PoB for stuff like this.

You can run it - effectively though? Propably not? You can certainly go into high yellows or early reds with just one socket abyss gear - but after that it will really start to drag.

"
Katrex 님이 작성:
Heya so im not in end game maps yet with this build, the leveling been a breeze through but I had a couple of questions.

Since we're getting so much elemental penetration, why are we converting a bunch of our physical to chaos? Is scourge arrow just so much better than everything else for aoe that not scaling 60% of our phys doesn't matter?

Similarly since we quad dip from phys what about things like Chance to bleed and maim suport?
Admitedly they dont scale the a couple of heralds. But it seems like theres two things going on here would it be better to min max one rather than do two things at the same time?
This isnt criticism, I'm just really trying to understand the nuance of the build.

Thanks.

We gain elemental damage as extra damage, we do not convert our physical damage to elemental damage - that is why elemental penetration is good for us.

The conversion to chaos of the skill does not matter. It is not really pertinent to the damage output of the build. This is also why we can run any skill that deals weapon/phys damage regardless if it converts it to something.

We dip from phys - just one time. Then we dip all three elements. Thats a quad dip - but saying we are quad-dipping from phys is not accurate and I think is part of why you are confused.
So if we multiplied our Phys damage, it wouldn't increase the amount of extra damage we got from it? Is that what you're saying?

IF we convert our phys to elemental, isn't that an extra 25% of our weapon damage that will now be using the pen we have?

Eg 100 phys damage =
100 phys 0pen 100% projectile/bow/damage
100 fire 50Pen 100% proj damage + 100% elemental damage from weapons
100 cold 50pen '' etc
100 lightning 50pen ''etc

Now convert phys to ele with ice shot or something.

then that original 100 phys is now scaling completely. isnt that like an effective dps increase of like 20ish percent?.

Now apply say a 30% more multiplier to phys as well.
Doesnt that 100 phys become say 130 phys, and the fire become 130, and cold 130?

is this wrong?

"
Katrex 님이 작성:
So if we multiplied our Phys damage, it wouldn't increase the amount of extra damage we got from it? Is that what you're saying?

IF we convert our phys to elemental, isn't that an extra 25% of our weapon damage that will now be using the pen we have?

Eg 100 phys damage =
100 phys 0pen 100% projectile/bow/damage
100 fire 50Pen 100% proj damage + 100% elemental damage from weapons
100 cold 50pen '' etc
100 lightning 50pen ''etc

Now convert phys to ele with ice shot or something.

then that original 100 phys is now scaling completely. isnt that like an effective dps increase of like 20ish percent?.

Now apply say a 30% more multiplier to phys as well.
Doesnt that 100 phys become say 130 phys, and the fire become 130, and cold 130?

is this wrong?

Yeah, its wrong.

In PoB go to the tab 'calcs' and take a look there. It breaks it all down for you.

Cheers o/
Thanks!

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보