[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I wanted to do one more UE kill before the league ended and these goodies dropped:

The WE isn't anything special but an iLv86 Elder Astral Plate is a nice find. Ah well, great league even though all my best finds were right at the end.
"
I wanted to do one more UE kill before the league ended and these goodies dropped:

Verified
Verified

The WE isn't anything special but an iLv86 Elder Astral Plate is a nice find. Ah well, great league even though all my best finds were right at the end.

And what this has to do with Scion Icestorm build?
Thanks for this build guide it's a lot of fun.

The huge down side is, it's really bad for FPS (which you did warn about)

On console I get about 5-10FPS.
"
Well ofc it won't work with CI. You would drop CI and go Low-Life instead for 30% more spell damage with Pain Attunement. You can already do that with Shavs and it works pretty great. But this might potentially be better than Shavs, since you actually get int. Big question is how's the max es compared to shavs. Edit: Checked, a lot depends on gear, but even with 0 investment into life it'll be at least 100 base es higher than shavs.

Also something worth considering would be going Hiero/Guardian. Although now that I look at Hiero we'd have a ton unreserved mana > bigger aoe, which lowers our dps on single target, so that won't work. Guardian still sounds interesting though. Especially for delving because there's potential there for pretty big vaal molten shell. And defenses is something we need to think about anyway, since chances are es/oh watchers is going to be ridiculously expensive. (Expecting 20+ex easily)

This is a huge nope IMO.

1. Huge risk of death due to chaos damage. Only your mana protects you from chaos damage now - previously you were immune to it, and likely have no stats invested into chaos resistance and likely no free suffixes to do so.
2. Risk of mana being depleted and unable to use skills from large chaos DoT or hits (e.g., Chayula, It That Fled).

The comparison to shavs is poor because for the first reason above I wouldn't even consider using shavs with this build (no chaos resistance = almost certain death from heavy chaos enemies).

Edit: I underestimated how much ES you could gain from the armour... Nonetheless conclusion remains the same.
JSquare 님이 2019. 12. 9. 오후 3:15:36에 마지막으로 편집
Yeah, you won't have enough mana on Scion. That's why I've mentioned Guardian. If you check poe.ninja in Blight, SC WI Guardians (there are only 2 visible unfortunately) they have between 6.8k to 8k mana. That's plenty to reserve half or even more of the mana and completely ignore chaos dmg.

It's definitely viable, question is, is it worth it over regular WI build? Probably not, just like with shavs, but it's still fun to theorize stuff like that. :)
Uh oh.

--------

The "Can have multiple crafted modifiers" mod has been changed, now granting "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers". Multi-mod crafting an item was proving too powerful for too low a cost compared with rolling an item of relative power.

--------

So we're going to need to exalt slam our endgame chests...

Edit: Actually, no, the chances are too small to try for that. We'll just have to trade for them, or hope something drops we can craft 6% increased attrs on. Well, there goes the 2k alt endgame sink...
Graiaule 님이 2019. 12. 9. 오후 10:55:45에 마지막으로 편집
Well to summarize there are couple options:

1. Chaos spam.

2. Alt, aug, regal until you get 3 good mods. This was not optimal before, but chances are alts will go down in price a lot and it won't be THAT bad.

3. Fossil crafting, Dense fossils are super cheap after nerf.

4. As you mentoned, trade, also there are often good cheap chest pieces with full affixes, just waiting for annul to make space for % attributes.

5. Use another chest. Good example is Fenumus' Shroud. It was always very competitive to crafted chest, and all enemies got boosted resists in 3.9 so it's relatively buffed.

From Patch notes:
"
Sibyl's Lament now reduces Reflected Elemental Damage taken by 80% while in the Left ring slot (from 40%)

Maybe the Ash, Frost and Storm cluster can be replaced with other nodes instead now, since Sybils + Pantheon = 105%.
nyderic 님이 2019. 12. 10. 오후 10:28:33에 마지막으로 편집
With higher end-game damages, you still could die on reflect, so actually full reflect immunity is even better than only 85% reflect reduction.
Plus the 12% allres is very comfortable as well.

Nerf with %all attributes 2% each for ammy and chest, increase of 20% to %intelligence and flat intelligence it seems.
Big nerf for %ES crafting on chest however.

Plus 2-3 new gems: woke channeling, woke spell cascade and maybe woke added cold.

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보