[Old Thread] CoC Ball Lightning Ascendant

Hey guys, thinking of gearing this as a carry for an aurabot. Will this scale well with the buffs from the support? Or am I better off spending my money on a different build?

Never played a CoC or Ball Lightning character, so I don't know much about any of this!
"
WhitetopSenpai 님이 작성:
Hey guys, thinking of gearing this as a carry for an aurabot. Will this scale well with the buffs from the support? Or am I better off spending my money on a different build?

Never played a CoC or Ball Lightning character, so I don't know much about any of this!

I think this build is not a good carry. First, it doesn't benefit from some auras, like Hatred and Haste. You want to have a specific attack rate, so any attack speed buff may have negative effect on dps.

Another reason is that this build is melee and doesn't have the greatest clear. Since you have to protect your aurabot, you should play a ranged build that have great clear.
"
N0esy 님이 작성:
"
WhitetopSenpai 님이 작성:

I think this build is not a good carry. First, it doesn't benefit from some auras, like Hatred and Haste. You want to have a specific attack rate, so any attack speed buff may have negative effect on dps.

Another reason is that this build is melee and doesn't have the greatest clear. Since you have to protect your aurabot, you should play a ranged build that have great clear.

Awesome, that's exactly why I asked before starting to build it!
WhitetopSenpai 님이 2021. 2. 12. 오후 2:37:40에 마지막으로 편집
"
N0esy 님이 작성:
I'm wondering if the following crafting scheme works.

1. Prepare a shield with desired prefixes
e.g. 109% increased lightning damage, 1% increased damage per 1% block chance, +109 to max life.
2. Remove suffixes (craft prefixes cannot be changed and scour).
3. Craft multimod, prefixes cannot be changed, and spell block.
4. Use "reroll a rare item, being much more likely to receive the same modifier types"
5. (expected result) You keep all the prefixes, and the crafted spell block mod becomes a non-crafted one.
6. If you get T2 spell block, craft "prefixes cannot be changed" and try again.

This is expensive but a lot better than just repeating "keeping prefixes" craft if it works. I'll experiment this later this week...

So, I did this experiment. I tried 4 times, and the outcome was the following:

T1 spell block: 1 time
T2 spell block: 1 time
no spell block: 2 times

While the sample size is very small, it seems that the success chance is around 50% (or 25% if you don't count T2 spell block as success).

Another important observation is that the resulting shield always got 6 mods, so the cost of rerolling is always 6ex. This means the expected cost of this method is 24ex.

Overall, I don't think this crafting method is cost-efficient, but rich players may find it useful.

This method can also be used to craft a belt with CDR, although the success rate is again about 50% based on my experiment:

"
N0esy 님이 작성:

So, I did this experiment. I tried 4 times, and the outcome was the following:

T1 spell block: 1 time
T2 spell block: 1 time
no spell block: 2 times

While the sample size is very small, it seems that the success chance is around 50% (or 25% if you don't count T2 spell block as success).

Another important observation is that the resulting shield always got 6 mods, so the cost of rerolling is always 6ex. This means the expected cost of this method is 24ex.

Overall, I don't think this crafting method is cost-efficient, but rich players may find it useful.

This method can also be used to craft a belt with CDR, although the success rate is again about 50% based on my experiment:

Thanks for testing it out! Do you think you got 6 mods every time because of the extra crafted mods? I don't think this is guaranteed, just highly likely.

I also had the idea for CDR belts and have been trying it out today. For ES belts, I have been hitting random %es on prefix with dense fossil, craft on CDR, and roll it. Has been pretty profitable, though I haven't hit anything I'd use myself. For example:

Overall I agree the method isn't worth it for forcing a suffix onto perfect prefixes, especially since it seems to fill up your suffixes, whereas "reroll keeping prefixes" usually only adds 1-2 mods.
"
efun 님이 작성:
Do you think you got 6 mods every time because of the extra crafted mods? I don't think this is guaranteed, just highly likely.

Yes, I think a 6-mod item gives another 6-mod item.

"
efun 님이 작성:

I also had the idea for CDR belts and have been trying it out today. For ES belts, I have been hitting random %es on prefix with dense fossil, craft on CDR, and roll it. Has been pretty profitable, though I haven't hit anything I'd use myself.

Nice one. Too bad there are too many tiers for flat ES, but this would be a good source of income.
Hey thanks for the Great build. Loving the Ascendant version of it from the Assassin version.

Current POB - https://pastebin.com/Pn2u3R9B

Is the current weapon I just finished crafting.

Thanks again!
Hello, I am bothered because I have been testing this build for 3 weeks and I am blocking certain content. For the mapping (t16 A8) I don't have "big" problems, on the other hand I can't survive against Sirus. Almost all of his attacks kill me instantly. Could you take a look at my current build to see if I missed anything on the defenses? Level dps, everything falls pretty quickly with my current equipment, it is really on the defenses that I encounter a problem.

https://pastebin.com/AAeNDBaN

thank you in advance ;)
"
Bhaal807 님이 작성:
Hello, I am bothered because I have been testing this build for 3 weeks and I am blocking certain content. For the mapping (t16 A8) I don't have "big" problems, on the other hand I can't survive against Sirus. Almost all of his attacks kill me instantly. Could you take a look at my current build to see if I missed anything on the defenses? Level dps, everything falls pretty quickly with my current equipment, it is really on the defenses that I encounter a problem.

thank you in advance ;)

What do you mean by "almost all of his attacks"? Do you have any problem other than the die beam?

You should cap cold res and get positive chaos res if you are doing endgame contents. Get more life from your gear. Some of your items give very low life.

You say you have a problem on defense, but you should cap your hit chance. By going from 91% to 100% hit chance, your dps will increase by 25%. Use a level 20-21 precision, take one 4% reduced mana reservation node, and grab a ring with good accuracy.
"
Bhaal807 님이 작성:

thank you in advance ;)

Chaos res helps a lot for sirus, you are going to get shredded by random degens at -48 chaos res.

Other than your accuracy problem, your crit chance is also quite bad. Getting a sceptre with local crit will help a lot. Even a random one off trade with 35%+ crit and an open suffix would be better than your current one. You can also use deafening essence of loathing to guarantee this mod on a sceptre. The more you hit/crit the more regen you will get from life on hit!

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보