THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

"
I made a quick calculator for lightning penetration vs controlled destruction for discharge. Would love some feedback if the calculations are correct.

https://jsfiddle.net/nnv8dsys/28/

Seems that the break point is around 41% base resistance.

Lower than 41%, CD is better.
Higher than 41% LP is better.

In the end its still a matter of preference. From my perspective, rainbownuke variations do not struggle with killing mobs normally. In general, only highly resistant & resilient mobs tend to take a longer time to kill., such as bosses. In such scenarios, lightning penetration works wonders in improving clear speed. As almost all normal monster die instantly regardless of using lightning penetration or controlled destruction, I find it more worthwhile to use lightning penetration.

However, if you get some satisfaction out of looking at your tooltip dps, or if you prefer shredding through less resistant mobs with greater force and efficiency, then run your controlled destruction. There isnt really a *HUGE* disadvantage or advantage to using either gem.
Guys, is there any reason we aren't taking the Energy Shield on Shield node for 40% increased Energy shield from our equipped shield? Any shield 350+ would give you 140 ES from one point? Two points ofc if you count the 2% Spell Block node before it...
Reduced mana is a rather overlooked red link for RRGG lightning strike setups, as it is straight upgrade to the life-sustain consistency of your attack. Compared to LGoH, reduced mana doesnt raise the cost of your attack, but rather lowers your mana cost. Hence the trade-off for completely missing your attacks is further diminished rather than increased. At the same time, you need less LGoH with jewels to sustain skill usage.
"
ggsbv 님이 작성:
Guys, is there any reason we aren't taking the Energy Shield on Shield node for 40% increased Energy shield from our equipped shield? Any shield 350+ would give you 140 ES from one point? Two points ofc if you count the 2% Spell Block node before it...

Unfortunately that is not how the node works. As it is 40% increased ES and not 40% more ES, the ES bonus from the node will stack additive-ly (and not multiplicative-ly) with all other increased ES modifiers from your passive tree and your shield (+ other sources of global increased ES).

For example, assuming I have no passive sources of increased ES, lets say I have a 20% Quality ES Shield with 519 ES total. The shield innately has 139% increased ES (119% increased + 20% increased from 20% quality).This means my shield has about a base of 217 ES. If I pick up that 40% increased ES node for shields, then i will get 179% increased ES for my shield, thus producing 605 ES from my shield. This is only a 16.57% net improvement to the amount of ES my shield produces and not 40% more.

Furthermore, the above net improvement gets smaller and smaller the higher your total increased ES from tree and gear gets. For example at 400% increased ES, said node will only grant 10% net ES improvement. Simply put, at higher levels of increased ES, the overall effectiveness of a gear specific passive gets diminished. You will actually net more ES by adding to global ES passives, as all the ES gained from your various gear pieces will stack up more than that small ES gained from your shield.
iSo1iD 님이 2016. 4. 11. 오전 1:14:28에 마지막으로 편집
"
iSo1iD 님이 작성:
"
ggsbv 님이 작성:

Unfortunately that is not how the node works. As it is 40% increased ES and not 40% more ES, the ES bonus from the node will stack additive-ly (and not manipulatively) with all other increased ES modifiers from your passive tree and your shield (+ other sources of global increased ES).

For example, assuming I have no passive sources of increased ES, lets say I have a 20% Quality ES Shield with 519 ES total. The shield innately has 139% increased ES (119% increased + 20% increased from 20% quality).This means my shield has about a base of 217 ES. If I pick up that 40% increased ES node for shields, then i will get 179% increased ES for my shield, thus producing 605 ES from my shield. This is only a 16.57% net improvement to the amount of ES my shield produces and not 40% more.

Furthermore, the above net improvement gets smaller and smaller the higher your total increased ES from tree and gear gets. For example at 400% increased ES, said node will only grant 10% net ES improvement. Simply put, at higher levels of increased ES, the overall effectiveness of a gear specific passive gets diminished. You will actually net more ES by adding to global ES passives, as all the ES gained from your various gear pieces will stack up more than that small ES gained from your shield.

Thanks for the explanation. I should have known that was the reason.
Hey, thanks for the great build, i'm lvl 84 atm and i'm wondering how you have 4 endurance charges ?
I use the same tree, took 3 skill points with bandits since i've a legacy mjolner, and i only have 3 endurance charges...
"
Creator66 님이 작성:
Hey, thanks for the great build, i'm lvl 84 atm and i'm wondering how you have 4 endurance charges ?
I use the same tree, took 3 skill points with bandits since i've a legacy mjolner, and i only have 3 endurance charges...

I failed to update the guide properly about this advice - you should take 4 charges even on a legacy mjolner. You take an endurance charge from the merciless bandits (kill oak) and then just get the power charge north of witch.

I'll get the guide fixed soon.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
tackle70 님이 2016. 4. 11. 오후 9:42:17에 마지막으로 편집
Thanks for the answer, is there a significant difference between 3 and 4 endurance charges ?
"
Creator66 님이 작성:
Thanks for the answer, is there a significant difference between 3 and 4 endurance charges ?

No, though I think it's worth 18 regrets and two passive points if you have them to spare.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Thanks, also what do you think about taking occultist instead of champion for the Scion ?

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보