[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Either I totally suck playing mines, or act 1 is drastically tougher. Currently, 40 minutes in, but only level 7, and 17 deaths so far. About 10 were in the mud flats, which are a killing field now!
------
Huh, some of the rares in the lower prison don't even have their ES budge at all when hit by mines and frost bomb... and the archers with puncture where we have no flasks to stop the bleeding...

finally, act 1 is no longer a boring pushover!

57 minutes, level 9, 29 deaths. Lower prison is a lot harder now due to all of the puncture necros.
Graiaule 님이 2021. 7. 23. 오후 5:06:40에 마지막으로 편집
for me freezing pulse works great.
I cant do mines. need 15 min to ledge with only one death. its fucking slow in comparision to bevor but i hated lvling bevor now its longer. But the dropping items are better.
Till now the 2 encounters from expedition i made was fun.
Yeah, freezing pulse works way better for me than mines. Sorry, Kelvynn, I tried hard to use mines, but most of the time they do no damage (due to mobs moving towards me as I run from them trying to stay alive.) Yes, I drop the mines at my feet but then that becomes a timing issue.

Brutus was interesting. 10 deaths to kill him. 2h30m in the game and just level 12 as scion dps is total shit.

---------

Yeah it's tough to go back to scion after levelling up as a necro the last two leagues. I feel I am walking through molasses killing monsters with a nerf gun that does 1 damage per hit.
Graiaule 님이 2021. 7. 23. 오후 7:24:52에 마지막으로 편집
well started witch(gona later lvlup scion, to compare with ggg nerfs to all) with freezing pulse,25 lvl, 0 deaths, all good. bad = 0 uniqes from league mechanic. Ritual with it's rewards still best for me.
Still it's good. fast,not oneshoting, some drop ok.

Funny to see dat fastrunners, you 25 lvl and near 3 act, they already 60 and near ending acts.
archwerewolf 님이 2021. 7. 23. 오후 7:09:24에 마지막으로 편집
No problems at all here. I went with my usual mines. Only noticed for the first 5-7 levels that all monsters have a ton more life than before. The toughest fight for me has been the Medicine Chest guy on the Island at lv 3, he took a while. But as soon as I got Frost Bomb and about lv 5, things went back to normal. Yeah, I know, mines are a totally different play style. But it's soooo easy!

In fact, with Dreamer I can spam mines and never run out of mana. So I even added back Herald of Ice in Act 2.

Since I'm not a racer and the start of the league was when I was still at work, I'm just entering Act 3 now (4 hr after the launch), and there are already many WI's for sale for 2c.

The league mechanic gamble gave me Dream Fragments in Act 1 (required level 24 LOL). But it sold for 2c quickly. So I'm going to start self-casting Icestorm at lv 33 and won't bother testing Eye of Winter.
Hello guys!

A little leveling tip: you can use Ice Trap from the act 3 without changing your tree. Just make a 4 link Ice Trap-Ele focus-Controlled destruction-Mutiple traps.

Ice trap is soooo much better than freezing pulse or any kind of mines
Wh1plash 님이 2021. 7. 24. 오전 2:25:34에 마지막으로 편집
Why poe.ninja says that any Ascendant is not playing using icestorm or even bladestorm? Only ppl with avatar of flame and Elemental Equilibrum. That build isn't popular or what is goin on? Maybe I just check uncorectly
Do you still recommend occulist for this build?

edit: nvm saw ur posts before and u said ascendant is even better now
scarfel19 님이 2021. 7. 24. 오전 8:54:36에 마지막으로 편집
-del
archwerewolf 님이 2021. 7. 24. 오전 8:23:15에 마지막으로 편집
Mana doesn't seem to be problem. When just changing to WI, it was little problem, but now with Deep Thoughts and Arcane Will it is pretty good. I have 140 mana/sec regen (without Arcane Surge, with Clarity) and Icestorm costs 26 mana. This is with 5 socket WI, Fortify + Contorlled Destruction + Inspiration.
Right now I don't even need Clarity, lets see how it is after 6 socket WI.

Inspiration seems to be on 5 stacks about 75+% of the time right now, and leveling inspiration will just make uptime even better as icvestorm doesn't level up and increase its manacost.

I do miss freeze immunity.
Cjin 님이 2021. 7. 24. 오전 9:27:44에 마지막으로 편집

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보