[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hi guys! I came to check out the new league, and I'm confused.

The announcement says that "In 3.15, triggering skills through support gems will require paying their mana cost." That's pretty bad for Icestorm with its 22 base mana cost.

The Balance Manifesto says that "most triggered skills now cost mana".

The Patch Notes don't say anything about that at all. Instead, they list specific changes to certain support gems such as CWDT (250% mana cost of the supported skill).

So, is casting Icestorm via CwC going to cost mana (other than the cost of Cyclone) or not?

I couldn't find an answer in the patch notes or on reddit.

All other changes in 3.15 are fine with me, since GGG wants to nerf power across the board.

Auto-triggering flasks will be great QoL. Ailment immunity nerfs aren't going to affect us much. Quicksilver nerf? Well, I've been promoting The Stampede since 3.10 already.

And Icestorm damage is getting buffed to counter the numeric nerf in 3.12 - getting it back to pre-nerf base damage. I guess it took the devs 2 leagues to implement that adjustment.
Kelvynn 님이 2021. 7. 20. 오후 11:58:05에 마지막으로 편집
"
Cjin 님이 작성:

Not counting Awakened Hextouch and flasks, that is about 48% damage loss total. With the buff to Icestorm base damage, it is total of 31% damage loss.

I've been playing Whispering ice last 5 leagues... now seems like is the time to move on :(

I really see no good future to this build, sadly
"
whiterockxx 님이 작성:
"
Cjin 님이 작성:

Not counting Awakened Hextouch and flasks, that is about 48% damage loss total. With the buff to Icestorm base damage, it is total of 31% damage loss.

I've been playing Whispering ice last 5 leagues... now seems like is the time to move on :(

Can't this be said about every other build that uses 'MORE damage' support gems? Icestorm base damage was buffed, so the overall power nerf is smaller than most meta builds.

GGG wants ALL builds to do less damage.
Kelvynn 님이 2021. 7. 21. 오전 12:05:43에 마지막으로 편집
If CwC requires mana to be used, will selfcast be considered? Adding two supports to it will cost a lot of mana but it will also do incredible damage, with the amount of int this character has, I think it is quite manageable?
"
Kelvynn 님이 작성:
"
whiterockxx 님이 작성:
"
Cjin 님이 작성:

Can't this be said about every other build that uses 'MORE damage' support gems? Icestorm base damage was buffed, so the overall power nerf is smaller than most meta builds.

GGG wants ALL builds to do less damage.

The lack of dmg will not be the core of the problem...

• all flasks changed(no basalt flask, half granite and half wise oak mitigation);
• bonechill will not affect Icestorm damage anymore;
• One less curse (without blasphemy).

We will take one shots often then ever, even with an overlord Megalomaniac that will cost a lung.

I really hope someone shows me that I'm wrong about this, but I don't have much hope.

To make this build work for endgame, will be needed over 100ex for sure. Without it, expect deaths over deaths, pain (not be able to do some content) and at last rage, to insist with WI.
"
loczek123 님이 작성:
If CwC requires mana to be used, will selfcast be considered? Adding two supports to it will cost a lot of mana but it will also do incredible damage, with the amount of int this character has, I think it is quite manageable?

I don't think it is that bad. After getting 5 storms up, even if you miss every second storm trigger, you are not gonna loose that much since you cannot have more than 5 storms up anyway. For me the problem sounds to be to have large enough unreserved mana pool, that you can affort to cast Icestorms and movementskills.
"
whiterockxx 님이 작성:
The lack of dmg will not be the core of the problem...

• all flasks changed(no basalt flask, half granite and half wise oak mitigation);
• One less curse (without blasphemy).

We will take one shots often then ever, even with an overlord Megalomaniac that will cost a lung.

I really hope someone shows me that I'm wrong about this, but I don't have much hope.

To make this build work for endgame, will be needed over 100ex for sure. Without it, expect deaths over deaths, pain (not be able to do some content) and at last rage, to insist with WI.

Not true about Bonechill. The patch notes only say that it loses the Cold Damage Over Time modifier. That doesn't affect Icestorm. Bonechill will still make the enemies take increased Cold damage on chilled ground.

The rest of the nerfs affect a huge number of builds. This one doesn't rely on flasks, so it's just a generic power nerf for us, while some flask reliant builds get outright killed.

As far as the 'endgame' budget goes, nobody can say how much it's going to take to be comfortable again. The same goes for most of the endgame builds.

Not that I'm going to advise anybody to stay with this build anyway. There is a big question about the mana cost. And a lot of changes overall.

But to claim that this particular build is getting hit hard while implying that come other builds with comparable power are not affected would be inaccurate.
Kelvynn 님이 2021. 7. 21. 오전 1:18:31에 마지막으로 편집
"

The patch notes say the lines about Cold DoT are removed. So I assume "Enemies Chilled by Supported Skills have Cold Damage taken increased by Chill Effect" is still there (along with the new 5-14% more cold damage, I guess a micro buff :)
"
Cjin 님이 작성:
"
loczek123 님이 작성:

I don't think it is that bad. After getting 5 storms up, even if you miss every second storm trigger, you are not gonna loose that much since you cannot have more than 5 storms up anyway. For me the problem sounds to be to have large enough unreserved mana pool, that you can affort to cast Icestorms and movementskills.

I was going to ask about that, since I skipped 3.14. What was the best way to deal with the reservation cost of Flesh & Stone? I would hate to lose Aspect of the Spider. Just grab an extra mana res node and corrupt some jewels with 1% mana res?
"
Kelvynn 님이 작성:
Hi guys! I came to check out the new league, and I'm confused.

The announcement says that "In 3.15, triggering skills through support gems will require paying their mana cost." That's pretty bad for Icestorm with its 22 base mana cost.

The Balance Manifesto says that "most triggered skills now cost mana".

The Patch Notes don't say anything about that at all. Instead, they list specific changes to certain support gems such as CWDT (250% mana cost of the supported skill).

So, is casting Icestorm via CwC going to cost mana (other than the cost of Cyclone) or not?

I couldn't find an answer in the patch notes or on reddit.

All other changes in 3.15 are fine with me, since GGG wants to nerf power across the board.

Auto-triggering flasks will be great QoL. Ailment immunity nerfs aren't going to affect us much. Quicksilver nerf? Well, I've been promoting The Stampede since 3.10 already.

And Icestorm damage is getting buffed to counter the numeric nerf in 3.12 - getting it back to pre-nerf base damage. I guess it took the devs 2 leagues to implement that adjustment.

In the pach notes, under Item Balance:
Modifiers on items that Trigger a Skill now have a 100% Cost and Reservation Multiplier, unless stated otherwise.

Now you can argue it says items, not gems, but then it would make no sense to list Cast on Death to have 0% (and CWdT to have 250%) and not mention the cost on any other gems

게시판 글 신고

신고 계정:

신고 유형

추가 정보